BLADES: Because they can't run out of ammo or "die" during the Anomaly!

• 3 months later...

I carry a nice Jacob Bromwell traditional pocket knife everywhere I go. Simple and effective old style knife. I throw it in my pack or pocket every time I set foot outside my house. It's a very useful item that I have come to bond with and love.

I just believe every man worthy of calling himself a man should carry a nice old school knife. Nothing tactical. We aren't in the walking dead folks.

I'm probably going to invest in a Wetterlings Hatchet soon.

It's good for chopping firewood and is nice to keep around the house or next to the bed in case someone breaks in and I can't get to the old double barrel 12 gauge.

Keeping my family safe is my utmost priority. 

• 7 months later...

I prefer folding knives, since I am an entirely undexterous person and am likely to cut myself with open blades :D Also, I use them for fishing and since they save so much space I can carry more of the other stuff. This week, I bought a Commando Industries Combat Folder. Very sharp (had to find that out the hard way), very reliable and cheap. Perfect for fishing, but I probably wouldn't take it with me on a trip where I have to rely on my blade.

Archived