Airplane fuel ??

alone sniper

1 minute ago, funky arsenal said:

I really like the idea of being able to scrounge from wrecks and other sources. I think it would be a good balance to also use other people's suggestions of including containers. So yes, there is a lot of fuel, but you need to find the means to transport it first! Good idea!

Thanks !! ;) 

And Welcome to forum !!!! ^_^ 

do anyone here understand airplane fuel???

you cant just burn it.

you need to mix it up with air so its a gas THEN you can set it on fire.

thats why you can (can but shuld not) have a lit match on disel and all jet fuels

sorry do disappoint you

Wtf are you ppl talking about ? Jet fuel is essentially a high octane kerosene(with additives). It works in the same way as regular kerosene does for all intenses and purposes in the game. In fact it will be even more efficient than regular kerosene, altho would damage lamp more due to intensity. And for starting fires player would need less of it.

Andi  dont really see how siphoning fuel from plane wings would break anything. Player would need to make trips to TwM, then spend time working on those wings, carry jerry cans, etc. It wouldnt be no different than hunting. I had this idea as part of diversification of game experience, so that each area would have something unique that would prompt player return there after hes looted it clean.

along the same line there are autos with fuel doors and fuel in them (most likely) as well as hoses under the hoods that one could turn into a siphon into the jerry can. I know I would use that to start fires as often as possible or even set a trap for my friendly wolf/bear light up.....

11 hours ago, Dirmagnos said:

Wtf are you ppl talking about ? Jet fuel is essentially a high octane kerosene(with additives). It works in the same way as regular kerosene does for all intenses and purposes in the game. In fact it will be even more efficient than regular kerosene, altho would damage lamp more due to intensity. And for starting fires player would need less of it.

Andi  dont really see how siphoning fuel from plane wings would break anything. Player would need to make trips to TwM, then spend time working on those wings, carry jerry cans, etc. It wouldnt be no different than hunting. I had this idea as part of diversification of game experience, so that each area would have something unique that would prompt player return there after hes looted it clean.

Affirmative on that one, Jet fuel really isn't as gnarly as most people think it is, its similar to diesel. It's rather tough to light, but once it gets going it burns hot. I think it gets a bad rep since the planes carry so much of it, so when something goes wrong, it's going to burn for a long time. Gasoline is a a lot "scarier" than Jet-A, it's flash point is low enough it's volatile at nearly any temperature on earth. http://www.mece.ualberta.ca/~mcheckel/documents%5CJet_fuel_vs_Gasoline_MDC.pdf

Avgas is very similar to regular gas, I think it has a bad rep for the same reason as jet fuel, when something goes wrong there's just some much more of it to burn... The gas in a honda civic will be just as volatile under the right circumstances! The difference is a civic with only carry about 12 gallons, but even a small plane will carry way over 100! Also, most car accidents don't puncture the gas tank, but planes on the other hand....

Anyways, I got sidetracked there... I think we should have to work a bit more for the fuel we have in the game, it's too easy to find as it is... I like your idea, we can find empty jerry cans, lug one to TWM, drag it back home, repeat as needed.

Sam

22 hours ago, Rusty_Old_F250 said:

Affirmative on that one, Jet fuel really isn't as gnarly as most people think it is, its similar to diesel. It's rather tough to light, but once it gets going it burns hot. I think it gets a bad rep since the planes carry so much of it, so when something goes wrong, it's going to burn for a long time. Gasoline is a a lot "scarier" than Jet-A, it's flash point is low enough it's volatile at nearly any temperature on earth. http://www.mece.ualberta.ca/~mcheckel/documents%5CJet_fuel_vs_Gasoline_MDC.pdf

Avgas is very similar to regular gas, I think it has a bad rep for the same reason as jet fuel, when something goes wrong there's just some much more of it to burn... The gas in a honda civic will be just as volatile under the right circumstances! The difference is a civic with only carry about 12 gallons, but even a small plane will carry way over 100! Also, most car accidents don't puncture the gas tank, but planes on the other hand....

Anyways, I got sidetracked there... I think we should have to work a bit more for the fuel we have in the game, it's too easy to find as it is... I like your idea, we can find empty jerry cans, lug one to TWM, drag it back home, repeat as needed.

Sam

Good differentiation between the fuels (I used to work in a refinery). There used to be a few different types of jet fuel, the main difference being the temperature where they freeze/thicken. Most of them would work in a kerosene lantern/heater but might smell and smoke a little more. Using jet fuel might run the condition of the lamp down faster, but that's about it.

I do not think that having four full jerry cans would nerf the game much. IIRC, a full lantern only lasts 4 hours in game so you would need to refill it twice in a night. Starting with an empty lamp, one jerry can would not last a full night. It would allow you to craft/research a little quicker but you still need to sleep. If you weren't living in the Mountaineer's Hut (which frequently allows crafting at night), hiking up to the tail section is a lot of work. Regions with mine access allow you to collect enough sticks and coal to last 12 hours with half a day of foraging.

21 hours ago, terryt3535 said:

Good differentiation between the fuels (I used to work in a refinery). There used to be a few different types of jet fuel, the main difference being the temperature where they freeze/thicken. Most of them would work in a kerosene lantern/heater but might smell and smoke a little more. Using jet fuel might run the condition of the lamp down faster, but that's about it.

I've got a couple old style kerosene lamps and they'll sure throw off a ton of smoke if the wick isn't trimmed just right (and I only learned recently that you need to do that, haha!) Maybe we should have a mechanic in game for cleaning the lantern? They sure don't throw off much light when the lense is crusted up with carbon... :lamp:

Sam

Archived