Pitchers, bowls, cups & plates

Thurman Merman

With every new teaser trailer/screenshot showing a much greater diversity of props, I have the feeling this problem will only get worse -- unless they're made harvestable (and not pick-up-able). I personally don't mind the lost space; I'd just like my bases to be neater, that's all.

I'd like to be able to use them. Especially the pots and pans.

I know you can chop these up and make them into fishing hooks or arrowheads or whatever, but the more I play the more I come to resent the abstraction of cooking and snow melting/boiling. I want to see my food and put it in a pan and put that on the stove and then put it on a plate and sit down at a table to eat it! 

7 minutes ago, Pillock said:

I'd like to be able to use them. Especially the pots and pans.

I know you can chop these up and make them into fishing hooks or arrowheads or whatever, but the more I play the more I come to resent the abstraction of cooking and snow melting/boiling. I want to see my food and put it in a pan and put that on the stove and then put it on a plate and sit down at a table to eat it! 

All of this.

I can only listen to my character slurp their soup/peaches/beans, or smack their lips around like an animal, so many times before I go out and get them killed by the wolves.

You are a human being, act like it.

Why do most games that have eating mechanics think that we won't understand we are eating without overly disgusting and annoying noises?

Would also be nice if you can fill a five litre soup pan with snow, turn down the fire so it's not so hot but burns for 4 hours or so by itself.

Independent snow melting would be a fantastic boon to those that want to do multiple things at once, consider going out hunting, coming back and finding a big pan of clean, boiling water to drink.

Archived