portable water filter bottle ?????

alone sniper

You cant really filter water on the left with help of that LifeSaver into what is shown to the right. Its just promotion. It will only work if you use fairly clean water to make it a bit cleaner. Same goes for the rest of the promo, like 4000 to 6000 liters filtered be4 filter needs replacement - try to pour in some random water from a nearby swamp and youl tank this wonder-bottle in a few liters, not to mention that there is no guarantee that it will filter such water to safe levels.

You can find more durable (and field cleanable) water filtration systems in most hiking supply stores. I've had a really nice one for several years now. Whether something like that would be in the game though...

And @Dirmagnos is right, you want "clear" water. The filter's job is mainly to remove suspended particles and any bacteria. The downside with just charcoal filtering is you still have a chance of bacteria/viruses getting though since there's no active deterrent to stop them. Still way better than drinking non-filtered water but you do run the risk. Commercial filters usually have some sort of porous membrane to filter out disease causing microbes like giardia or E. coli. 

On 9/2/2016 at 0:19 PM, Wastelander said:

"Unsafe water" "Sort-of-safe water" "Definitely safe water" or something like that. 

Its not exactly that we have testers for that sort of things, player determines water "safety" mostly by guess - "its boiled then it must be relatively safe". btw, 1000 posts, grtz 8)

6 hours ago, Dirmagnos said:

Its not exactly that we have testers for that sort of things, player determines water "safety" mostly by guess - "its boiled then it must be relatively safe". btw, 1000 posts, grtz 8)

Thanks mate :D 

You're right, maybe they should be called differently:

• Unclean water: I should not drink this unless I'm really desperate.
  • Filtered water: Water that has been filtered to be almost clear. Still don't know what's in it though.
  • Filtered, boiled water: I am fairly certain this is safe to drink.

At first I was against this idea, but reading the replies enlightened me. I like where this is going. Since water is one of the most important resources in the game, I really wouldn't mind if it had more ways of interaction: more ways to get it, to make it safe to drink, etc.

Archived