Strange or Eerie Things You've Noticed

justjokingnot

I know the devs haven't implemented actual NPCs yet and the signs mean little at the moment but have there ever been any moments where you see something that makes you feel like someone else is out there. It's creepier for me when I start getting used to the solitude and in some ways enjoy it but then I see a cabin with smoke rising from the chimney and for a minute I stop and feel just a little bit put off even if I know in the back of my mind that I started that fire earlier (It's even weirder when I've never been there before). It's just little things that may be coincidental that get to a person after a couple of hours of playing.

the campsites.
sometimes you will stumble upon these abandoned campsites with a burned out fire, a backpack, wood, sleeping bag, etc.
but no occupants to be found. not even a corpse.
which is strange on its own, because why would someone set up camp and wander off leaving their supplies? almost like something strange and unexplainable occurred there.
look, im not saying its aliens.
but, its aliens.
seriously though, while i know there is not currently any survivors out there in the current alpha state, i like to imagine there are. i like to kinda roleplay that im a lonely survivor wandering from place to place, just like all the others. living in the footsteps of those who came before me, and setting new footsteps for others to follow in. maybe one day i will meet someone on the road. or they will meet my lifeless, frozen corpse and just mutter "poor bastard.." then loot me and keep on surviving, just like i have myself.

3 hours ago, Tbone555 said:

the campsites.
sometimes you will stumble upon these abandoned campsites with a burned out fire, a backpack, wood, sleeping bag, etc.
which is strange on its own, because why would someone set up camp and wander off leaving their supplies? almost like something strange and unexplainable occurred there.

Dragged away by bears maybe? But yeah, these are eerie.

Also, the corpse on Jackrabbit Island on Coastal Highway - what was he running from? Why did he leave his shelter? Why did he do anything but stay home?

5 hours ago, Wastelander said:

Dragged away by bears maybe? But yeah, these are eerie.

Also, the corpse on Jackrabbit Island on Coastal Highway - what was he running from? Why did he leave his shelter? Why did he do anything but stay home?

and what happened to Max? bear attack? wolf struggle?
what happened to Matt after he ran off of the bridge? sometimes theres a body lying out by the truck, but sometimes theres no sign of Matt. like he wandered off to survive elsewhere
oh, mysteries.

19 hours ago, Tbone555 said:

the campsites.
look, im not saying its aliens.
but, its aliens.

Theres a phenomenon known as Terminal burrowing, which is linked to end stages of hypothermia where a person usually undresses themselves and abandons all logical sources of warmth and saftey (campsites) for more primitive ones, (burrowing). These victims of hypothermia usually are found dead and naked underneath beds and logs and such

1 hour ago, terryt3535 said:

I guess it will be explained by what happens in Story Mode, but all the deer with arrows in them really creeps me out. I mean really... a wolf shooting a bow? Did the storm make them develop opposable digits?

:D

I think the guy who you find in one of the mines on the other side of a metal grate is quite poignant.

He'd obviously been stumbling around lost in the tunnels for a while and then thought he'd found a way out, only to be denied by the locked cage door: he sat down against it and just gave up, waited to die.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 5:40 PM, MarrowStone said:

Theres a phenomenon known as Terminal burrowing, which is linked to end stages of hypothermia where a person usually undresses themselves and abandons all logical sources of warmth and saftey (campsites) for more primitive ones, (burrowing). These victims of hypothermia usually are found dead and naked underneath beds and logs and such

i've read about that! it never came to mind, but that actually makes sense!

On 30/08/2016 at 0:40 AM, MarrowStone said:

Thanks. i didn't know that !

2 hours ago, thinair said:

I can always hear keyboard clicking and voices of programmers, saying how slow things going, and in the dam i actually once hear a voice of Raphael, silently saying the game will come out it 2019 December. Creepy stuff though...

Wait, waaaaaaat????

Where, when

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely any time you see evidence of past human activity, it can give you that goosebumps feeling, particularly when it's the first time you've visited that part of the map and it catches you by surprise. My silly wish is that Hinterland introduces NPC's into the sandbox without announcing it, even if they are just human silhouettes walking on a distant ridge or along the edge of the dam. Imagine the freak out we'd all have when these apparitions just started showing up in the game!

On 9/18/2016 at 2:51 PM, TheRealNFK said:

Definitely any time you see evidence of past human activity, it can give you that goosebumps feeling, particularly when it's the first time you've visited that part of the map and it catches you by surprise. My silly wish is that Hinterland introduces NPC's into the sandbox without announcing it, even if they are just human silhouettes walking on a distant ridge or along the edge of the dam. Imagine the freak out we'd all have when these apparitions just started showing up in the game!

YES! OMG YES! TELL THE DEVS.

Archived