Strange or Eerie Things You've Noticed

justjokingnot

There's often a (quality) Toolbox by the guy near the burned houses at Skeeter's Ridge and I always ask myself: what were you poor guy up to, were you going to work when *something* killed you, where did you work, were you called to the Point of Disagreement to fix some cars or did lightning strike your house and you tried to fix the burning building with a screwdriver? So many questions... O.o

• 7 months later...

Playing yesterday made me think of reviving this discussion.

I came across this poor chap in the cave at Misty Falls:

screen_cdaa57d2-d84c-493a-aac5-02d099d61783_hi.thumb.png.dca0de4a82e048ccb491a3991f4509e2.png

Beside him I found 3 fir logs and a hatchet. Had he perhaps come across a fir beam that was propping up a rockfall, and decided to take it for firewood?

Anyway, not a nice way to go.

I was walking along the little rocks on the side of Misanthropes Island and I heard a loud rumbling sound like thunder. Kind of like the sound you hear in a blizzard when walking outside. Like a tree falling I think it is. Except it was a clear day. Kind of sounded like a rifle shot. 

The situation leading to the scene at Murder Cabin is clear.  Three dudes, one outhouse, crapper door half-pried open with the crowbar still lying in the jamb, ultimate result was three corpses? 

Hey man, when you gotta go, you gotta go.

12 hours ago, Salty Crackers said:

Find out for yourself. Starting from Trapper's, go to Unnamed Pond and keep going in that direction. You'll find a cabin.

Ohhh, yeah, that place, thought you meant there was a place actually called "murder cabin"

On 18/09/2016 at 8:51 PM, TheRealNFK said:

Definitely any time you see evidence of past human activity, it can give you that goosebumps feeling, particularly when it's the first time you've visited that part of the map and it catches you by surprise. My silly wish is that Hinterland introduces NPC's into the sandbox without announcing it, even if they are just human silhouettes walking on a distant ridge or along the edge of the dam. Imagine the freak out we'd all have when these apparitions just started showing up in the game!

YES.

On 4/30/2017 at 0:01 AM, Pillock said:

Playing yesterday made me think of reviving this discussion.

I came across this poor chap in the cave at Misty Falls:

screen_cdaa57d2-d84c-493a-aac5-02d099d61783_hi.thumb.png.dca0de4a82e048ccb491a3991f4509e2.png

Beside him I found 3 fir logs and a hatchet. Had he perhaps come across a fir beam that was propping up a rockfall, and decided to take it for firewood?

Anyway, not a nice way to go.

Yesterday I came across this guy, whilst transitioning from ML to PV.  Having a tree fall on you in a cave, has to be the ultimate in bad luck.

screen_28e4e1ea-c99f-48f0-8b1f-9d497a716

Archived