Questions about updates affecting Story Mode.

MarrowStone

So, ive been wondering this for a while now and couldnt seem to put it into words but ill have to try 'cause im dying to know.

When theres a new sandbox update containing fresh mechanics for the game, how does that affect your story mode progress? In better terms, does it cause issues with rebalancing the story's pace, difficulty or even tone?

Also, if episode one was finished and released hypothetically, and the next sanbox update introduced a new mechanic, would we see it rollover to previous episodes? Or would they affect the story too much?

Just ask me what i need to elaborate on if my questions were hard to follow, i couldnt find a concise way to ask them.

On 25/08/2016 at 11:42 PM, MarrowStone said:

So, ive been wondering this for a while now and couldnt seem to put it into words but ill have to try 'cause im dying to know.

When theres a new sandbox update containing fresh mechanics for the game, how does that affect your story mode progress? In better terms, does it cause issues with rebalancing the story's pace, difficulty or even tone?

Also, if episode one was finished and released hypothetically, and the next sanbox update introduced a new mechanic, would we see it rollover to previous episodes? Or would they affect the story too much?

Just ask me what i need to elaborate on if my questions were hard to follow, i couldnt find a concise way to ask them.

Story mode mechanics are probably going to be different than the sandbox mechanics .

4 hours ago, Vinceofpyrenees said:

" Story mode mechanics are probably going to be different than the sandbox mechanics . " >> THAT'S A SHAME !?

Take that claim with a grain of salt -- it's just a forum member saying it, not Hinterland.  Maybe story will have some extra UI stuff (like tracking story objectives), but it doesn't make business sense to have significant gameplay differences between sandbox and story.  More unique code means more development, testing and bug fixing costs, and less profit.

7 hours ago, elloco999 said:

Initially there wasn't even going to be a sandbox. Hinterland has created the sandbox for the purpose of testing and balancing the mechanics for the story mode. So I would expect the mechanics to be the same in both modes.

Yeah, also, it'd be a waste to just not use these mechanics in the gamemode with more replay value. 

Btw, this is officially post 1000 by me. Do I get a prize? :orange_soda:

Archived