Technical question about sleeping in snow shelters

Geturphil

Okay so you sleep in snow shelters by going to radial menu and selecting your bedroll. In a snow shelter, you can still be attacked by animals. When you have a BEARSKIN bedroll in your inventory and go to the radial menu, you can choose to rest there as well. Is there a difference in choosing to rest in a snow shelter by clicking your bearskin bedroll vs your regular bedroll. In other words, am I protected by wildlife while sleeping when I select my bearskin bedroll to rest from within the snow shelter?

The bearskin bedroll drastically decreases the likelihood of wolf attacks, not bear attacks. :winky:

And yes, I think it also works within snow shelters.  At least I never got attacked by a wolf while sleeping inside a shelter so far. So as long as you're building your shelter in a somewhat fair distance to the next wolf patrolling area (and more importantly: bear territory) you should be pretty save with your bearskin bedroll.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you actually use the bedroll when sleeping in a snow shelter. I think it is just an icon to allow you to sleep. I tried it with a bedroll and did not get an increased warmth bonus. I then tried it without a bedroll in my inventory and got the same icon and slept also with just the snow shelter warmth bonus. I will double check when I play tomorrow.

Ok, I got in the shelter with the bedroll. Felt like was 15c. I passed time so I could see the temps and it went to 20c. I got out and dropped the bedroll got back in and felt like was 15c. I passed time and it went to 18c. Afterwords it was once again 15c. So apparently a 3c bonus without bedroll and a 5c with bedroll. I am currently living in this snow shelter so I will observe temps for a few days. I forgot to check outside temps before and after.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2016 at 3:55 AM, Scyzara said:

The bearskin bedroll drastically decreases the likelihood of wolf attacks, not bear attacks. :winky:

Yup.. if anything, the idea that you turned some of their cousins into a bedroll seems to only enrage any bears you may encounter..

Archived