Type of Companions! (dog) (POLL!!!)

alone sniper

Dog breed!!!   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, yes), I like good animals), so imagine you are walking along the rails on the Mysterious Lake, and then a lonely sad dog comes to meet you, you will think that it is a wolf. But strangely enough, he will not attack you, and his eyes are so sad, you will refund him to your base, give a piece of meat and a plate of water).

7 hours ago, AlexandraRussia said:

Well, yes), I like good animals), so imagine you are walking along the rails on the Mysterious Lake, and then a lonely sad dog comes to meet you, you will think that it is a wolf. But strangely enough, he will not attack you, and his eyes are so sad, you will refund him to your base, give a piece of meat and a plate of water).

... and then while you are asleep he goes and chews all your curing hides and saplings into little pieces. 

And pees in your boot. 

• 3 months later...

Eh. Feels like this thread is only half-serious.

I would like to see dogs appear in a game as a hostile animal which can be encountered rarely, it would be "husky" so it would look somewhat "wolfish" and it would be starving, thus likely to attack you. You could befriend it by feeding it and it will follow you around afterwards, you could give it some basic orders like wait etc.

I don't think it should be allowed to hunt, but it should be able to take down a wolf in self-defense, but get heavily hurt in the process. (another idea is that a player + dog would mean wolves are automatically chased away, but I feel like that would be too good.) Dog would just run away from a bear.

Would like to see 4 dog sleigh in-game as a means of faster transport.
Additionally, I can see "skis + ski boots + 1 husky + some sort of sleight system" would create a decent "transport".

I think that would make for a pretty realistic and rather balanced addition to the game. Hunting with dogs and just having some OP dog friend is not something this game needs.

Archived