Type of Companions! (dog) (POLL!!!)

alone sniper

Dog breed!!!   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally am looking for a dog that can hunt, survive harsh weather, and defend me as well as itself. I can't have a dog that can only do one or the other or else my companion just won't survive at all.

I wouldn't have done the poll as such, more so pick dog types and listed their pros and cons, but this will have to do. :)

My list would have to include:

• Alaskan Husky
  • Canadian Eskimo Dog
  • Russian Bear Dog**
  • Alaskan Malamute 
  • Anatolian Shepherd
  • Rhodesian Ridgeback

Most of these dogs were originally bred for hunting and can live in very cold climates. As far as protection, they each are known to be very loyal. They each would be an amazing companion as each has their own ability to take charge in a game like TLD!

17 hours ago, PallasD said:

I personally am looking for a dog that can hunt, survive harsh weather, and defend me as well as itself. I can't have a dog that can only do one or the other or else my companion just won't survive at all.

I wouldn't have done the poll as such, more so pick dog types and listed their pros and cons, but this will have to do. :)

My list would have to include:

• Alaskan Husky
  • Canadian Eskimo Dog
  • Russian Bear Dog**
  • Alaskan Malamute 
  • Anatolian Shepherd
  • Rhodesian Ridgeback

Most of these dogs were originally bred for hunting and can live in very cold climates. As far as protection, they each are known to be very loyal. They each would be an amazing companion as each has their own ability to take charge in a game like TLD!

This list is good but I think we need dog which can pull sled !!!  so Husky can be a good choice!

" kill 2 bird with one stone!!! ;)"  

20 hours ago, PallasD said:

• Alaskan Husky

This. Huskies would be the most fitting dog if you tell me. They even look like wolves.

6 hours ago, alone sniper said:

This list is good but I think we need dog which can pull sled !!!  so Husky can be a good choice!

" kill 2 bird with one stone!!! ;)"  

All those dogs can or have the potential to pull a sled. The list is my prefernce from experience and knowledge about their breeds. :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

A dog? Well I'd like a cuddly little Dachshund but it would be useless in a fight, bark at the bear and make it attack us, run and hide behind me when there are wolves around and growl at the door whenever there's something interesting outside. It should also bark in the middle of the night, just to annoy and wake me up but should be warm and cuddly and boost my spirits when I'm alone. Hey! That's exactly like MY dog Teckle!

I wouldn't eat my pet dog; I'd eat your dog however!

Archived