[SPOILER] Tease us

Hiemalis

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for clarification, I wasn't around the forums when the event everybody is talking about occurred -- neither am I asking for an explanation, for that matter; I can catch glimpses of what happened --, so excuse me if I was inappropriate by asking for teasers. No harm intended, really.

(Hinterland, you're allowed to send teasers directly to my personal e-mail address, so we can avoid any future embarassments from the other users.)

12 hours ago, WalleyeGuy83 said:

I can tell you from first hand experience that Moose are assholes. I can't wait to shoot, skin and eat them.

That's something I've never heard moose called. Elusive, ghosts, uncanny, and sneaky? Yes :D

In Newfoundland, we generally refer to them as speed bumps. There are over 400 moose accidents a year, on an island with only half a million people... The damn things are practically invisible at night. Light just doesn't reflect off their coats properly. 

Regarding the teaser conflict... here is a thought based on my almost two decades of internet usage:

There is this one thing that I'm really puzzled about, and happens almost everywhere and to everybody: why is the negative feedback always outweighting the positive one, even if the percentage you get from it is clearly in favour of the positive one? I mean, yeah, there are trolls out there, there were an there will always be trolls. These guys actually manage to derail and change the actitude of many users.

Specially confusing with devs in social media, they lose their temper based on a random guy saying silly things. Here in this forums I've seen trolls getting most of the attention on a thread just because they are noise. Tons of good feedback but the eyes and the brain go straight forward to the nasty ones. O.o

And this is what I do not understand: why do you guys let them win? Just IGNORE them. Don't even try to answer them: they are not on the internet to learn or to be lectured, they are here to troll. 

Let's just always remember the old saying: don't feed the troll. 

Just saying, cause I was here when the HUNTED teaser, and I guess I'm just used to ignore the noise cause all I remember is people thrilled by the update. I will say it again: Its really sad to see the trolls wining.

On 11 August 2016 at 5:49 AM, miah999 said:

HFor every great story there must be a script...

Cpl9I8XUsAA6alu.jpg

The Long Dark

Episode one 

"Damn bear stole my pancake"

Scriptment 

Vol 1

September 21 2016

Raphael Van Lierop

And

Marianne Krawczyk

6 hours ago, Rifleman said:

The Long Dark

Episode one 

"Damn bear stole my pancake"

Probably the funniest thing I've read all week! Haha

Now that theyve teased us with the updated roadmap I can understand why this update seemed to take forever to get to. I wonder if the lantern will swing around now. The flares and matches are gonna look great :)

Just now, Llenne said:

Ever seen a moose in real life? They're terrifying!

I haven't - the most dangerous animal in my area is probably my neighbour's Golden Retriever :D Still, I have friends in Sweden and they told me about mooses. I figured that the actual predators, the bears, would look more terrifying though. However, a recent trip to the zoo and this thread have proven me wrong :D 

Just now, Wastelander said:

I haven't - the most dangerous animal in my area is probably my neighbour's Golden Retriever :D Still, I have friends in Sweden and they told me about mooses. I figured that the actual predators, the bears, would look more terrifying though. However, a recent trip to the zoo and this thread have proven me wrong :D 

bigbull2.jpg

On 8/11/2016 at 9:04 AM, Wastelander said:

For some reason, that moose looks more menacing than the bear. Nice art!

That's a moose and a grizzly, judging from the size of him! That would be a great new menace for the game!!!! I confess that the animals hold the most interesting aspects of the game, ESPECIALLY the AI behaviors!!

Archived