Clothing and Hunger

joe_best

Hi guys,

First thing I'd like to see is a clothing screen where I can see what clothing slots are actually available, and what clothing is valid to go in each slot. This will make it much easier to pick the optimal gear from all the stuff in my pack.

Secondly, I've read that Hunger is a very abusable stat, you can ride it all the way into the negatives until your condition gets to about 20%, then eat back up to 3000, sleep for 12 hours and you're back at 100% condition again. I would suggest lowering movement speed and encumber limit like you do with fatigue, or some other way to balance out for the slow drain on condition.

Loving the game though, great work.

That's not really abusing hunger, but there should be some penalty for prolonged starvation.

The ability to function for a long time while taking in no calories is very realistic, and I think the game captures that well.

However, I think that the longer that you're below zero, the lower your cap of maximum condition should be.

But right now the biggest complaint is over on the God0forsaken Steam Forums is how much food they need to eat.

It's unfortunate some refuse to see that it's about condition, not fullness. If we make it any harder, I fear open revolt.

First thing I'd like to see is a clothing screen where I can see what clothing slots are actually available, and what clothing is valid to go in each slot. This will make it much easier to pick the optimal gear from all the stuff in my pack.

You mean like a preview of your character, wearing all his clothes? I agree, would like that as well. It would also be nice if you then could see the state of your clothes, so how much they have degraded. So your character would be wearing a pair of jeans with holes in them etc.

That's not really abusing hunger, but there should be some penalty for prolonged starvation.

The ability to function for a long time while taking in no calories is very realistic, and I think the game captures that well.

However, I think that the longer that you're below zero, the lower your cap of maximum condition should be.

But right now the biggest complaint is over on the God0forsaken Steam Forums is how much food they need to eat.

It's unfortunate some refuse to see that it's about condition, not fullness. If we make it any harder, I fear open revolt.

Well, we should be careful about letting realism take priority over gameplay. However, I agree that if you died very quickly from starvation that would be a little silly. However, I don't think it's unrealistic that you would become weak as you go into negative calories.

You mean like a preview of your character, wearing all his clothes? I agree, would like that as well. It would also be nice if you then could see the state of your clothes, so how much they have degraded. So your character would be wearing a pair of jeans with holes in them etc.

The main thing isn't so much having a preview of my character, but just being to click on a slot and see all my options for that slot. E.g. I click on "hands" and I get a list of all the gloves that I have in a list to select from. I've found it annoying when I have to scroll around my inventory (especially when it's full) looking at "basic boots" at the top and "work boots" at the bottom for example.

This actually could be alleviated in other ways actually. For example, if I'm wearing socks that give me +0.9C and I mouse over some socks in my inventory that would give me +0.5C, when those stats are displayed it could say "+0.5C (-0.4C)".

I also think that clothes would be better if it showed or stated what slots were available. I like the idea of showing whether the highlighted item would be a gain or loss as spectre1989 described.

+1

Even if it was just a line of text underneath the name which stated "feet", "hands", "head", "outerwear", "underwear" and the like. This will become even more important as more and more items of clothing get added.

• 1 month later...

Bump for this. I would also like to see a slot layout, if it doesn't go against difficulty. I can see making the learning of what goes where and how much you can wear a "thing" and I'm not opposed to leaving it the way it is if that is the dev decision.

Archived