Disappearing deer carcass

Czechintocash

3 hours ago, CarolinaSantAngelo said:

I noticed this. I guess now, the same way as with all the others, they desintegrate after a certain time. 

Currently, pre-placed carcasses won't begin to degrade until you examine them. Animals you kill yourself will begin degrading immediately then eventually disappear. 

Are we seeing, for sure, pre-placed deer carcasses that you haven't examined at all vanishing?

22 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Currently, pre-placed carcasses won't begin to degrade until you examine them. Animals you kill yourself will begin degrading immediately then eventually disappear. 

Are we seeing, for sure, pre-placed deer carcasses that you haven't examined at all vanishing?

Ah, that explains it then. I didn't do anything with the carcass because it was frozen. I suppose just examining and getting the frozen carcass message starts the degradation. 

16 hours ago, TROY said:

Are you certain it was a pregenerated carcass, and not one that was killed by a wolf?  

Only pre generated carcasses have feathers right? I was farming feathers from a carcass on coastal highway ice close to the gas station. Returned numerous times over the course of 3 weeks game time. One morning it was just gone. I already thought of every explanation even interrogated the kids to see if they had "accidentally played". Their alibis checked out and were verified by mom. 

Just now, Czechintocash said:

Only pre generated carcasses have feathers right? I was farming feathers from a carcass on coastal highway ice close to the gas station. Returned numerous times over the course of 3 weeks game time. One morning it was just gone. I already thought of every explanation even interrogated the kids to see if they had "accidentally played". Their alibis checked out and were verified by mom. 

To the best of my knowledge, yes. A wolf killed carcass wouldnt have feathers, and wouldnt have lasted 3 weeks. I've never seen what you are describing happen though. In fact, many times, the carcasses have lasted long after they were even harvestable.

I'm pretty sure that even pre-generated carcasses are supposed to de-spawn, if they reach a certain age and have no meat, hide, or guts left.

I believe this because there are no carcasses left in Mystery Lake in my current game (XBONE).

On 2016-07-31 at 0:24 PM, miah999 said:

I'm pretty sure that even pre-generated carcasses are supposed to de-spawn, if they reach a certain age and have no meat, hide, or guts left.

I believe this because there are no carcasses left in Mystery Lake in my current game (XBONE).

Again, that shouldn't be the case as the pre-generated carcasses don't "age" until they are interacted with as @Patrick Carlson pointed out.

13 hours ago, miah999 said:

I have interacted with all the pre-gen carcasses in ML, I removed everything from them a couple of game weeks ago.

Oh, then they should be despawning if I understand the mechanics of the game correctly.

Archived