Whiteout challenge

Rifleman

9 hours ago, cekivi said:

I haven't encountered this yet but man made food in containers lasts a really long time. My plan is to get ~15-20 days of man made food and hunt like crazy the day before the blizzard hits :)

The man made food in containers don't last a long time, I made a topic about it

14 hours ago, TROY said:

Honestly, if it takes long enough to do this that food is expiring, you're doing something wrong.

Canned food is supposed to last for 3 years and the cold should increase its lifespan not decrease it

11 minutes ago, Rifleman said:

Canned food is supposed to last for 3 years and the cold should increase its lifespan not decrease it

Yes but when was it originally purchased, I have some in my cupboards already two years old.

Also according to the patch notes (v.321), it should take about 1000 game days for a canned good to go from new to 0%.

56 minutes ago, miah999 said:

Yes but when was it originally purchased, I have some in my cupboards already two years old.

Also according to the patch notes (v.321), it should take about 1000 game days for a canned good to go from new to 0%.

Then why do I keep finding expired cans?

did the world end 3 years after every one purchased caned food?

1 minute ago, Rifleman said:

Then why do I keep finding expired cans

Could be really bad RNG, when the game starts it generates items with a random health level. If the game generated everything already in the red, it would only take a few game days for stuff to expire. This could be a game generation bug, but I'm not a dev so I don't know the ins and outs of their RNG, and underlying game start up system.

Possibility two, If you started this game prior to v.321 and have been playing for over 50 game days, things could be expiring because the generated under the old system had only 100 day lifespan max, not 1000 days. I don't know if things were supposed to update their lifespans when v.321 came along or not, but it could be that your game did not.

17 minutes ago, miah999 said:

Could be really bad RNG, when the game starts it generates items with a random health level. If the game generated everything already in the red, it would only take a few game days for stuff to expire. This could be a game generation bug, but I'm not a dev so I don't know the ins and outs of their RNG, and underlying game start up system.

Possibility two, If you started this game prior to v.321 and have been playing for over 50 game days, things could be expiring because the generated under the old system had only 100 day lifespan max, not 1000 days. I don't know if things were supposed to update their lifespans when v.321 came along or not, but it could be that your game did not.

When the mod support update comes out I am going to change the food lifespan and set it to 99999999999999 days.

Archived