Leather - Quivers

nicko

The leather from old shoes etc, seems to go to waste or what do we do with the leather at present?

Why no collect it so we can craft a new cool item to store any arrows we craft. 

I say let us craft a new item using leather - A leather Quiver. used to store our arrows.

Leather-Quiver1.jpg.ebc578440200be39cbf9

I like the idea of more items you can make at the workbench, but am not sure about crafting a leather quiver just to store your arrows.

The items you craft have an amount of weight, now you can just add the arrows to you backpack. A quiver would only add weight with no exra usage since you can't drop the backpack at this point .

16 hours ago, Baukster77 said:

I like the idea of more items you can make at the workbench, but am not sure about crafting a leather quiver just to store your arrows.

The items you craft have an amount of weight, now you can just add the arrows to you backpack. A quiver would only add weight with no exra usage since you can't drop the backpack at this point .

sure it will add a little more weight not much I would of thought. The main idea is you can carry more arrows and also less damage to arrows if stored in a quiver.

And if you don't have a quiver, I guess you randomly pack arrows through out your back pack/person like it is now? but if that is the case you should lose some or break some arrows when traveling.

and crafting a quiver and placing it somewhere in your house full of arrows would be fun and look cool as well.

11 hours ago, nicko said:

sure it will add a little more weight not much I would of thought. The main idea is you can carry more arrows and also less damage to arrows if stored in a quiver.

True! But do you know if the arrows degrade in the game while stored in backpack or container? Am still not that good with bow and arrow, and I never paid much attention to it.

11 hours ago, nicko said:

and crafting a quiver and placing it somewhere in your house full of arrows would be fun and look cool as well.

For sure! Also like to keep the cabins I use neat and I always keep my bear sleeping bag and bear/wolf pelts in a prominent spot like trophies. :big_smile:

• 4 weeks later...

Arrows like bows only degraded when you fire them as far as I am aware.

I just see a need for a quiver of some sort where we can store premade arrow shafts and fully crafted arrows. Just think of of all the space you it would free up.

Also this game needs more wall hangers of some sort, why do we have to place all items of the floor?

twmv349storage01.jpg

I think think the issue with storing all your arrows in a single slot, or all of any one item for that matter is due to the fact that they can degrade at different rates based on usage. Im fairly certain in the game that an arrow shot at a tree versus an arrow shot at a rock would have a different damage rating upon retrieval. I agree though, a quiver would be nice or at least a way to have multiples of the same item in the same slot somehow.

A quiver would just store you arrows/ shafts like how any storage container works I guess?  each item arrow still has it's own degrade value.

Storing arrows in the Quiver they last a lot longer, and do not degrade as quick as arrows stored elsewhere.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ha the new main photo has one so when do we get one? I hope we can also place it inside and use it like a container to store arrows. that would be awesome. i.e. first transportable container? / nice quiver.

On 7/22/2016 at 9:08 PM, nicko said:

sure it will add a little more weight not much I would of thought

This is Hinterland we're talking about.. where enough water purification tablets to treat 50 litres of water weighs 3.125kg, instead of the 18 grams it does in real life..

So I'd imagine in TLD the quiver would probably add 1.5kg to your load, at least.. ;)

i actually do love the idea of a quiver of some sort. it is a little frustrating to have so many slots being taken up with various arrows all because of their varying degrading status. It looks so messy. Its a shame there isn't the ability for a kind of sub menu. Like, you get a quiver slot. then you click that quiver slot and it opens up into a menu for the arrows themselves say 9 grid box for each damage level or something, i dunno. 

I understand that the very fact they can each get damaged just a quiver would not work alone. The nice idea of a quiver is that if i wanted to place the bow and arrows down to reduce weight then i would simply drop two items. The bow and quiver.

5 hours ago, Crimson Foxx said:

i actually do love the idea of a quiver of some sort. it is a little frustrating to have so many slots being taken up with various arrows all because of their varying degrading status. It looks so messy. Its a shame there isn't the ability for a kind of sub menu. Like, you get a quiver slot. then you click that quiver slot and it opens up into a menu for the arrows themselves say 9 grid box for each damage level or something, i dunno. 

I understand that the very fact they can each get damaged just a quiver would not work alone. The nice idea of a quiver is that if i wanted to place the bow and arrows down to reduce weight then i would simply drop two items. The bow and quiver.

nice ideas.

Archived