stuck in portrait mode

cullam

So, after doing some modification on my PC to support 3 monitors, I immediately was excited to fire up TLD again. Not because of three monitors, but because I'd been without a computer for several days. Unfortunately, the game started on my portrait mode monitor. I managed to get it to start up on my actual primary monitor instead. But the game hasn't noticed. It is now stuck permanently in portrait mode. I went to the options window to adjust the resolution, but every resolution is a horizontal one - 1000 x 1200, 1080 x 1920, etc. Worse yet, I tried another one, to see what would happen. It changed the resolution, and now I'm stuck with it. Why? Because with the new resolution, the OK button is no longer on my portrait mode screen, so I can't change it back! Here's a screen shot, to show what I mean: 

If I could get any assistance on how to get the game running on good ol' 1920 x 1200, it would be greatly appreciated! 

tld bug.PNG

10 hours ago, cullam said:

So, after doing some modification on my PC to support 3 monitors, I immediately was excited to fire up TLD again. Not because of three monitors, but because I'd been without a computer for several days. Unfortunately, the game started on my portrait mode monitor. I managed to get it to start up on my actual primary monitor instead. But the game hasn't noticed. It is now stuck permanently in portrait mode. I went to the options window to adjust the resolution, but every resolution is a horizontal one - 1000 x 1200, 1080 x 1920, etc. Worse yet, I tried another one, to see what would happen. It changed the resolution, and now I'm stuck with it. Why? Because with the new resolution, the OK button is no longer on my portrait mode screen, so I can't change it back! Here's a screen shot, to show what I mean: 

If I could get any assistance on how to get the game running on good ol' 1920 x 1200, it would be greatly appreciated! 

tld bug.PNG

I know how to fix this, go on advanced launch settings in steam and type out desired dimensions! Then you're good to go!!! 

It actually ignored those launch options. However, I was able to fix it, eventually. I disabled the portrait monitor, and reloaded the game. It was still in portrait mode, but things had shifted a bit, and I was able to change the resolution through the menu again. I think now that I've got it set up, it won't break again when I re-enable that monitor. Thanks for the help though! 

3 minutes ago, cullam said:

It actually ignored those launch options. However, I was able to fix it, eventually. I disabled the portrait monitor, and reloaded the game. It was still in portrait mode, but things had shifted a bit, and I was able to change the resolution through the menu again. I think now that I've got it set up, it won't break again when I re-enable that monitor. Thanks for the help though! 

No problem

Archived