The White Shroud: A fan-fiction by Docterrok and Wastelander

Please continue! This is a very good depiction of how the Quiet Apocalypse would unfold in an urban environment. Except I have a few questions. Does this take place in Urban America? With all the looters with guns and all that. It makes me wonder how it would unfold in an area where guns are prohibited. How violence would take place. I also don't think winter would come within a day of the event. It would probably come a week or two after. 

I'd like to see more Aurora action. Maybe lights flickering on and off here and there. Street blocks activating and such. 

Keep up the great work.

55 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

Please continue! This is a very good depiction of how the Quiet Apocalypse would unfold in an urban environment. Except I have a few questions. Does this take place in Urban America? With all the looters with guns and all that. It makes me wonder how it would unfold in an area where guns are prohibited. How violence would take place. I also don't think winter would come within a day of the event. It would probably come a week or two after. 

I'd like to see more Aurora action. Maybe lights flickering on and off here and there. Street blocks activating and such. 

Keep up the great work.

Yes, it's in a city based off of Chicago!

16 hours ago, Fuarian said:

Ah. Interesting. I'm currently doing a fanfic story of pretty much this scenario but based in my own city.

Nice, feel free to use the same city! who knows, your character could even meet Isaac!

2 hours ago, Docterrok said:

Nice, feel free to use the same city! who knows, your character could even meet Isaac!

Well I focused it more around my city. Here there are strict gun laws so civilians don't have access to big guns. I'm trying to have other people more sympathetic towards the main characters rather than try to kill them.

1 hour ago, Fuarian said:

Well I focused it more around my city. Here there are strict gun laws so civilians don't have access to big guns. I'm trying to have other people more sympathetic towards the main characters rather than try to kill them.

I see, best of luck!

Chapter 10: Snow

The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found? -J. B. Priestley

Isaac made his way back to his apartment, trying to rub the image of death out of his teary eyes. He clambered up the fire escape once again, drinking the single soda he found below. The cat was sitting on the table, waiting for his return. It rubbed itself between his legs and purred contently, oblivious to the carnage on the streets. Isaac closed his eyes and faded into a dreamless slumber, little did he know the first blizzard was coming. When he awoke, snow was pouring through the window, nearly reaching the inner sill. He slammed the window shut and cursed, the quiet apocalypse throwing itself at him with fury and force. His hopes of reuniting buried under the white sheets of death.

• 2 months later...

Chapter 10: Reclaimed

Man is completely out of phase with nature. Nature is woman. Man is the intruder. The man who re-attunes himself with nature is the man who de-mans himself or eliminates himself as man.

- Jill Johnston

Isaac had no idea why there were so many corpses in that building, were they the victims of a gang war? was there a group cleaning the bodies off the streets? His thoughts were interrupted by an unexpected howling, "wolves?" Isaac thought as he sat up from the couch he was laying on. The cat hid under the couch and hissed, its eyes roaming back and forth. Isaac looked below and saw three black masses slowly prowling the streets, how did they get here? To Isaacs knowledge, the nearest forest was about ten miles away, and wolves haven't been spotted in the city for the last decade. Something was playing with there minds, Isaac looked up to the sky and whispered, "nature is taking back what is rightfully hers..."

Archived