dropping items on floor partially disappear

nicko

• 2 weeks later...

meat under the layer of the snow

actually there are 5 pieces of meat down there, all covered in snow

it's on the porch of a house across the bridge from Rural Store, Pleasant Valley

house is on the left after crossing the bridge from store

screen_(2408, 55, 2420)_db2a0c88-7325-4984-ad4b-918ce2492c2a.png

When dropping sticks, my impression is that things are hidden under the texture map more often when the surface is a shallow hill sloping down. I lost 4 of the 5 flare gun rounds when I set them down by the mountaineering rope to go back and get more stuff out of the tail section. Arrows disappear all the time where snow curves down to the surface of frozen water. Now I only shoot at deer out in the middle of a lake or up on the bank.

• 5 months later...

I wanted to add that I've seen this issue as well:

Many items fall easily through the floor on the first floor of the warehouse in Hibernia Processing, specifically between the fire barrel and the workbench (zone: Desolation Point). Some items are partially visible (as in nicko's screen shot) and some are not visible at all and can only be identified by hovering the cursor over the spot they disappeared. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/23/2017 at 8:24 PM, x0rz said:

I wanted to add that I've seen this issue as well:

Many items fall easily through the floor on the first floor of the warehouse in Hibernia Processing, specifically between the fire barrel and the workbench (zone: Desolation Point). Some items are partially visible (as in nicko's screen shot) and some are not visible at all and can only be identified by hovering the cursor over the spot they disappeared. 

Yes, I've lost arrowheads on this floor near the work bench too.

On 7/31/2016 at 11:45 AM, terryt3535 said:

When dropping sticks, my impression is that things are hidden under the texture map more often when the surface is a shallow hill sloping down. I lost 4 of the 5 flare gun rounds when I set them down by the mountaineering rope to go back and get more stuff out of the tail section. Arrows disappear all the time where snow curves down to the surface of frozen water. Now I only shoot at deer out in the middle of a lake or up on the bank.

I'm not sure if the flare gun shells disappearing are being hidden under the snow...the same thing happened to me, but it seemed like they just changed from a stack of 8 to a stack of 1 when I dropped them.. could be wrong

Yes, those sheets of metal on the floor in the Whale Possessing plant (in front of the work bench) are a nasty trap for new players :) .... I dropped 20 arrow heads there, assuming it would be a solid map texture. "o..k .... guess I'm making more then", lol. 

Archived