Stalker Item Spawns

continuity

So I stated up a stalker game in ML, its going ok so far, plenty of good loot if a little short on food.  However I haven't found a hunting knife or hatchet, and I suspect i'll only live a few days without them.  So far I've checked the logging camp trailers, the forestry lookout, the trappers homestead, the camp office, and the dam.  Am I just getting bad RNG or is this normal for stalker? and is there anywhere I can be sure of finding a hatchet?

Be sure to check the outdoors corpses too.  If a tool is there it's usually lying next to the body, often next to a hand.

Spoiler

Two places you're like to find a hatchet:  1) outside the group of 3 lake cabins, and 2) the broken cabin at Deadfall which is on the opposite side of the tracks from the camp office, a little ways into the woods.

The broken cabin (with the woodstove) in the logging camp is another place to find a hatch, but I guess you checked that already.

Even on Voyager you can sometimes check an entire area (especially a small one like mystery lake) and not find all the tools. Which isn't a bad thing in my opinion! :big_smile:

For instance, in one game (Voyager) I believe I found 3 hatchets on Mystery Lake and not one knife. RNG is weird

well personally I've been thinkin there's too many tools spawning in stalker mode.

I recently started a new run in PV, around day 45ish and fully searched the map, about to head to DP for some arrow tips,and interested to see what I get in the other maps.

As so far from PV alone I've found 5xhatchets 4x knives and about 6x sets of tools lol,

so yeah maybe you've just been unlucky and I've been too lucky lol.

personally I think this is way too much/easy for stalker. I definitely remember loot being scarcer on stalker.

Archived