THE LEGENDARY BOOMSTICK! (PART 1)

Docterrok

The LEGENDARY BOOMSTICK

Ok, I am going to be rather blunt about this subject, so if you get offended easily by my use of colloquialisms, my bad. I'm not saying this will be unprofessional or childish, but this is an idea that not only should be a thing, but logically would be a thing.

I've been rather passionate about the idea of a shotgun, but I find it pretty damn annoying that it isn't on the roadmap, so I took it apon myself to call my relatives /friends and ask a rather odd question "what guns do you own?"

Here were the results

Grandfather: 2 shotguns, 2 revolvers, a bolt action rifle, a musket, and a goddamn blunderbuss!!!
My uncle: a shotgun, handgun
My good friend from Texas (insert witty comment here): a shotgun, revolver, handgun, hunting rifle, crossbow, semi auto assault rifle.

Notice a similarity? THEY ALL HAVE SHOTGUNS!!! Come on devs! Ok, I know I'm getting a smidge passionate on the matter, but seriously dude, shotguns are as common as, well, I can't think of an illustration, so I'll say this, they are super common! So this is meant to engage! I want this to grow, not to get attention to myself, but to this object! Here's the two types of shotguns I was thinking could be put in, please only pick one! I don't want both shotguns in the game! Only one! sorry for the crude drawings. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7d31313ce785f18db0f3220

thee double barrel shotgunimage.thumb.jpeg.5862fecb8fba1c10c0ad644

the pump action shotgun 

Thank you for your time! I hope this suggestion is eventually put in! But I'll even sweeten the deal for the devs to make it easier, I will make the .obj files for both shotguns, as well as recorded MP3 sounds, so that it will be as easy as possible to put them in the game, I understand Hinterland uses the cutout filter on photoshop for there textures, so I will hold true to the textures of the guns as well and put the finished product on a 3D obj downloading website for Hinterland to use free of charge, but that'll be in a later post, thanks! And make sure to discuss! And I hope that this was worth your time and you enjoyed reading it as much as I did making it! Thanks!

I'm fine with the shotgun as I am fine with the revolver under one condition: The amount of total firearms one can find per game should remain unchanged, same goes with ammo.

BTW, the Mounties and various Canadian police forces use the Remington Model 870 shotgun, so that could be a possible find.

Flickr_-_~Steve_Z~_-_870.jpg

Just now, Docterrok said:

I made a post on not wanting mt.gun! Remember? :D

Yes, I remember, but I thought I'd throw this out there regardless, since there may be new participants ;)

Back on topic, for the shotgun to make sense (short-range, devastating power) the hunting rifle would need a range upgrade though. Because with the (laughably short) range the hunting rifle has right now, there's no actual need for a shotgun. However, a range upgrade for the hunting rifle would make the hunting rifle cooler, give the shotgun a well-deserved place to fill the gap between the rifle and the revolver, and make hunting more realistic.

Well, there's still the Express version, which can have hardwood or laminated hardwood stock, or the Wingmaster which was popular with LEO's before the introduction of the Police version - can have a walnut stock.

Model870-Wingmaster.jpg

This is the Wingmaster from the manufacturer's website.

25571_Model870_Express_Combo.png?itok=tq

And the Express, same source.

2 minutes ago, Docterrok said:

Why don't we show the double barrel some love? :P

Well, the Remington 870 was the first one that came to my mind, but yeah, a good old double barrel might do the job just as well - also not terribly unlikely to find, given all the farmhouses in PV!

the cool thing with a shotgun is the variety of shells that can be found and used. you have birdshot, buckshot, slugs. so that adds some variety to the game on what you can hunt based on what shells you have on hand. 

Semi Auto - no

Pump - yes

Double Barrel 12ga - HELL YES

Here is a low down of my guns: 1 -  hand gun, 2 - 20ga, 1 - muzzleloader, 1 - 12ga double barrel, 1 - 22ga

1 hour ago, Docterrok said:

The LEGENDARY BOOMSTICK

Ok, I am going to be rather blunt about this subject, so if you get offended easily by my use of colloquialisms, my bad. I'm not saying this will be unprofessional or childish, but this is an idea that not only should be a thing, but logically would be a thing.

I've been rather passionate about the idea of a shotgun, but I find it pretty damn annoying that it isn't on the roadmap, so I took it apon myself to call my relatives /friends and ask a rather odd question "what guns do you own?"

Here were the results

Grandfather: 2 shotguns, 2 revolvers, a bolt action rifle, a musket, and a goddamn blunderbuss!!!
My uncle: a shotgun, handgun
My good friend from Texas (insert witty comment here): a shotgun, revolver, handgun, hunting rifle, crossbow, semi auto assault rifle.

Notice a similarity? THEY ALL HAVE SHOTGUNS!!! Come on devs! Ok, I know I'm getting a smidge passionate on the matter, but seriously dude, shotguns are as common as, well, I can't think of an illustration, so I'll say this, they are super common! So this is meant to engage! I want this to grow, not to get attention to myself, but to this object! Here's the two types of shotguns I was thinking could be put in, please only pick one! I don't want both shotguns in the game! Only one! sorry for the crude drawings. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7d31313ce785f18db0f3220

thee double barrel shotgunimage.thumb.jpeg.5862fecb8fba1c10c0ad644

the pump action shotgun 

Thank you for your time! I hope this suggestion is eventually put in! But I'll even sweeten the deal for the devs to make it easier, I will make the .obj files for both shotguns, as well as recorded MP3 sounds, so that it will be as easy as possible to put them in the game, I understand Hinterland uses the cutout filter on photoshop for there textures, so I will hold true to the textures of the guns as well and put the finished product on a 3D obj downloading website for Hinterland to use free of charge, but that'll be in a later post, thanks! And make sure to discuss! And I hope that this was worth your time and you enjoyed reading it as much as I did making it! Thanks!

Doctorrok, your friend in Texas needs to move to Oklahoma.  I believe it is Texas law to own 2 of everything.. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennesaw,_Georgia

Well, a city in Georgia has actual legislation on that matter - you are required by law to own a firearm.

Back on topic, should different kinds of ammunition be implemented? How could this be programmed feasibly? What would their effects be? Would you advocate for more 'obscure' types of ammo such as Flechettes, Dragon's Breath, Rubber Rounds?

Shotgun could be interesting(remington would be quite plausible), dont like double barrel, no birdshot or other exotic ammunitions(what would be the point, unless you like ammo that cant really kill anything of value), they would just water down amount of ammo found.

And pls no blunderbusses, they have same chance of blowing up as they are of successful firing.

• 9 months later...

Archived