How do I turn off Anti Aliasing?

Sairek Ceareste

I just bought the game but I don't see a setting in game to disable it. Even if I go down to low quality it still remains, which you'd think wanting low quality for more framerate would at least get rid of it. I don't see anywhere in the user001 file to tweak it, although it's hard to see due to all the gobbily-gook inside of the file and I'd rather not tinker with something and accidentally break it.

Even by using my GPU's control panel to attempt to disable and override the application's Anti Aliasing setting doesn't work either. The anti-aliasing is absolutely butchering my FPS and giving me serious input delay unless I go in a really low resolution but that still makes the game more or less uncomfortable enough to sap the enjoyment out of it.

Is there a sure-fire way to turn it off, even if it's roundabout? If there is no option or method, will one at least be coming soon? I just see no benefit to barring users to have a toggle for it to be on or off; even if it was bunched into the quality setting.

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2016 at 7:35 PM, Sairek Ceareste said:

I just bought the game but I don't see a setting in game to disable it. Even if I go down to low quality it still remains, which you'd think wanting low quality for more framerate would at least get rid of it. I don't see anywhere in the user001 file to tweak it, although it's hard to see due to all the gobbily-gook inside of the file and I'd rather not tinker with something and accidentally break it.

Even by using my GPU's control panel to attempt to disable and override the application's Anti Aliasing setting doesn't work either. The anti-aliasing is absolutely butchering my FPS and giving me serious input delay unless I go in a really low resolution but that still makes the game more or less uncomfortable enough to sap the enjoyment out of it.

Is there a sure-fire way to turn it off, even if it's roundabout? If there is no option or method, will one at least be coming soon? I just see no benefit to barring users to have a toggle for it to be on or off; even if it was bunched into the quality setting.

I believe since the game is currently in alpha the devs have fixed settings in order to minimize as many graphical bugs as they can for now as they work on the mechanics instead.

I'm willing to bet there might be more options when the first couple of episodes are released.  But this is just my speculation. So dont count on it. 

On 6/25/2016 at 5:35 PM, Sairek Ceareste said:

Right now AA is actually only enabled on High and Ultra display quality. So on Med or Low you won't make use of it. I hope that helps! :coffee:

21 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Right now AA is actually only enabled on High and Ultra display quality. So on Med or Low you won't make use of it. I hope that helps! :coffee:

Do you know if the game will eventually support "advanced" settings? Or will we only have "med, high, ultra +SSAO" etc?

Either way im totally fine with it! Just curious. And i totally understand if you cant answer.

Thanks for the clarification on the settings too! I have a low end system as well and was curious if it was enabled on my medium settings.

10 minutes ago, MarrowStone said:

Do you know if the game will eventually support "advanced" settings? Or will we only have "med, high, ultra +SSAO" etc?

Either way im totally fine with it! Just curious. And i totally understand if you cant answer.

Thanks for the clarification on the settings too! I have a low end system as well and was curious if it was enabled on my medium settings.

I don't know of any further changes to the current Display settings, but we're always up to hear feedback on them. We always want to make sure we can keep a consistent style and look to the game across the different settings.

And keep in mind we're still adding content to the game! :coffee:

3 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

I don't know of any further changes to the current Display settings, but we're always up to hear feedback on them. We always want to make sure we can keep a consistent style and look to the game across the different settings.

And keep in mind we're still adding content to the game! :coffee:

Hey no worries! And thanks for the reply! I totally understand their reasoning behind it and as I said, it wouldnt change my enjoyment of the game any whether they change it or not. If it were my say on if advanced settings were released, id wait until polishing phase (after episode one) because more options = more bugs.

TLD definitely shows that they put "style" and gameplay mechanics before anything else, and thats what sets this game apart from others. The devs clearly have a vision on what they it to be.

Archived