The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha Updated to v.346 -- "PENITENT SCHOLAR"

Raphael van Lierop

I'll give the new update a try this evening when i get home, it sounds very promising, skill research if i understood it correctly is done very well, i'd have to give it a try first before i might say that it's actually not done very well but perfect.
The snowstorm challenge is the first thing i'll give a go, i remember making a topic or post about snowstorms not being that hazerdous anymore so this really piqued my interest.
It's been a while since i played TLD, probably about 3 months, so i haven't even seen the new graphical update, i can't barely wait to get home :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't seem able to craft arrowheads anymore. I've tried this from the craft table, the radial menu, and by looking for an option directly in Scrap Metal items.  Am I missing something, or has that option been accidentally removed? 

14 minutes ago, Bacchant said:

I can't seem able to craft arrowheads anymore. I've tried this from the craft table, the radial menu, and by looking for an option directly in Scrap Metal items.  Am I missing something, or has that option been accidentally removed? 

Arrowheads are crafted at the Forge in Desolation Point. Alternatively you can scavenge them from broken arrows and reassemble a new arrow at a crafting bench. But to make the arrowheads from scratch, you need the Forge. 

Ive got one... Hows about phenomenal!? I have yet to try out these new features but boy howdy does this update tick all the boxes... Save for a new region of course.... I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting microsoft to finish their certification.... Ugh!.. I wanna build my own little snow shelter

Great update can wait to try it out. Finally advanced skill system but Feats??? what is up with that? Maybe on console it will be fine but I am a PC player I would like every survivor to be his own thing. I don't need achievements so please can we restrict the feats to the voyager LVL at least. Lets us hardcore guys have the Stalker lvl clear of collectibles and achievements ok?

On 6/23/2016 at 2:59 AM, Salty Crackers said:

I haven't played it yet, but I'm not so sure about this. For some reason, the game feels like it's advancing towards the basic "survival game formula" like in all those zombie survival games. All I know is I'm going to be saving a version of each update from now on.

I am excited about the update, the feats to improve stamina and calorie consumption makes sense, well, especially the stamina.  It makes sense that both the feats and skills would improve with days survived and knowledge/experience.  I love the snow hut, my only grip would be the graphic looks so small it doesn't seem like someone could get in there... however, Im English - what do I know about snow huts... 

I think the changes in general look great, am excited about opening up TLD and having a play!  Thanks Hinterland!!!

Is there any new news about when microsoft will let us play this? it is kinda unfair that i have to wait while everyone else gets to play it, and i been amped for 2 days for this version. any news would be greatly appreciated.

Amazing work on the game to i absolutely love The Long Dark! 

Man.  I was stuck in the Bible Belt for two weeks and this past Wednesday I read that Hinterland has updated the Sandbox!  Twice!  And just in time for me to get back to civilization.  And what do I see when I get home?  Microsoft was lazy this week and the update hasn't been released for xBox!

How disappointing!  :-)

yeah it really is frustrating that the amazing work and effort put in by HL is always a bit ruined my MS taking so long to certify.

I wonder if theres any way HL can send/show MS the update a few days before PC release to at least try to get I certified and released on the same day as pc.

Not a dev so not sure how the whole process works though. So I could just be talking utter rubbish lol

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 0:42 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

Arrowheads are crafted at the Forge in Desolation Point. Alternatively you can scavenge them from broken arrows and reassemble a new arrow at a crafting bench. But to make the arrowheads from scratch, you need the Forge. 

Patrick, I still can't access the latest version of the long dark, what's going on with you guys and Microsoft?

Is it possible to read out the time in which a challenge was completed again?

I'm quite sure that the message said I made it in 55 days for the nomad challenge (only played this since the update), which makes sense, since it's 15 locations à 3 days and I spent some days in addition at some locations due to blizzards.

Now the 500 days badge says 8%, which really doesn't make sense, as that would mean I made it in 40 days. 45 days, which would be the minimum requirement would already be 9%.

So to me it seems like something is wrong here.

Edit: Found it, in the loading screen it says 55d. To me that would be 11% if my math is not wrong. :D

Sorry to say but I find all the comments about Microsoft being lazy for the Xbox version rather funny.
People who get the game from GOG (official Hinterland distribution platform in case you're wondering) are still on version 0.332.

So let's say we GOG players know how you all feel... kinda disappointed.
But I still respect everything Hinterland does and I do enjoy reading all changes and discussions. :)

Hi everyone,

Both the Xbox One version and the GOG edition will be on their way soon. Each platform is its own release of the game and likewise has its own process. As with every update, these don't always line up perfectly across each of them. One benefit of the different release schedule is you will receive all the fixes we've made since Wednesday evening and over the weekend. 

We can certainly appreciate your eagerness to get in the game and we of course also appreciate your patience as we work to get the new content to you. 

Thanks! :coffee:

Archived