Fishing lines breaking

cullam

I don't know if this is a bug or bad luck, but I went through half a dozen fishing lines today in about 2 hours of game-time. I didn't catch anything, as all my lines broke within a few seconds of starting to fish. Is there some circumstance where this is supposed to happen (like over-fishing one spot)? I'm afraid to keep at it, and lose the rest of my lines. 

Cool. Previous tries at fishing I'd always at least gotten a few in game hours, so I was surprised by this. 

Playing on Windows 10, on a pretty beefy PC, on stalker more, fishing in one of the huts on Mystery Lake, without about a eight tackles in my inventory. ~90 days in. After clearing out the fishing hole, I started fishing, telling it to go for I think 7 hours. A few seconds after starting, it stopped, with no reason given. I tried again, and the same thing happened. I checked to make sure none of my health bars were in rough shape, in case they can make you stop, but they were fine. After several tries, I checked my inventory to see if they'd been disappearing, or taking a condition hit, and I was down to two fishing tackles left. Let me know if there's any obvious important detail I left out! And keep up the good work! I absolutely love this game, and I'm extremely excited about the upcoming updates. 

Archived