Bear

danielag02

Hello, i met a bear when i played and shot it. It did not happen anything with the bear and at begin to run against me. I shot it another time in the head but it was still running against me. I am sure i hit both times. It begun to fight me and i did not have the fight interface. When it was finished I stood up. I shot it again in the butt but it survived. I am sure i hit. I attacked me and I died. I taught that you with max two shot could kill the bear. Can someone help me understand this? It is in the end of the video file I have attached. 

hehe classic :), that was one tough bear I think. maybe your second shot missed, looked a bit high.

I did s similar thing one time, though yes I managed to kill it on the 3rd shot when it was about 2 feet away.

Also shot a bear on that same location, hit it from a distance and it just ran off, I didn't follow it as it was getting dark, cold etc. Anyway next morning I woke up and the bear pretty much walked back to where I shot from (near the car) cool stack load of meat, guts and a fur to harvest. happy days.

4 hours ago, danielag02 said:

Hello, i met a bear when i played and shot it. It did not happen anything with the bear and at begin to run against me. I shot it another time in the head but it was still running against me. I am sure i hit both times. It begun to fight me and i did not have the fight interface. When it was finished I stood up. I shot it again in the butt but it survived. I am sure i hit. I attacked me and I died. I taught that you with max two shot could kill the bear. Can someone help me understand this? It is in the end of the video file I have attached. 

@danielag02, One bullet from a rifle will kill a bear, but not immediately unless the shot scores a critical hit. If the bullet hits the bear in the head but is not a critical hit, the bear will die after one hour. If the bullet hits the bear anywhere other than in the head then the bear will die within 2 to 6 hours. If you shoot a bear with a rifle and don't get the critical hit it will almost always run at you and attack you. It can be best to shoot from near some place of safety you can duck into (such as the car you were near in the video) to escape the bear's attack. Then when the bear leaves you can follow the bear's blood trail at a safe distance and watch for him to die. Even better is to find a place to shoot from where a bear can't reach you.

• 6 months later...

Archived