<<UPDATE>> Spinningmantis' The Long Dark YouTube Channel - New Videos Every Day M-F

Howdy all-

My name is Joe aka Spinningmantis.  I formerly worked in AAA game development for 12 years and now I work at a major advertising agency.

I've been a big supporter of The Long Dark since I first saw it, and began making Gameplay Walkthroughs and Guides for TLD when I launched my YouTube channel in December 2015.  

In fact, TLD was one of my major inspirations for starting as a YouTuber.  TLD offers so many dynamic and emergent gameplay opportunities that I felt it was a shame that no one else would be able to share in my adventures.

I've posted videos of complete series for Pilgrim & Voyageur mode and am currently making Stalker mode videos.  I also began Hunted Pt. 1 and Hopeless Rescue video series on the day they came out :) and continue them to this day.  I hope to continue this with the new Whiteout & Nomad challenge modes coming soon from Hinterland!  Though I play other games, my YouTube channel has a HEAVY emphasis on TLD, consisting of almost 50% of my content.  

If you are interested in checking these videos out, just search spinningmantis (all one word) on YouTube and you will find my channel.  Or visit https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC45dkQbTtR2k3M2VT_GqYTg  or  https://www.youtube.com/c/spinningmantisnet .

I'm really excited for the next patch and the new challenge modes- I hope that you join me on my journey and/or are inspired to start making TLD videos of your own.

I post new The Long Dark videos every day, Monday through Friday.

Here's what you can find on my channel:

The Long Dark - Pilgrim (57 videos)

The Long Dark - Voyageur (27 videos)

The Long Dark - Stalker (6 videos, current series)

The Long Dark - Ambient (6 videos)

The Long Dark - Hunted Part 1 (20 videos, current series)

The Long Dark - Hopeless Rescue (13 videos, current series)

The Long Dark - Introduction Guides (3 videos)

Holy crap- that's 126 videos totaling almost 100 hours of gameplay!!!

Best Wishes -

Spinningmantis

LongDark Hunted 1.jpg

UPDATE 6/29/16

With the release of the Whiteout and Nomad Challenge Modes I have started 2 new series to cover these.  I am still continuing Stalker as well as Hunted and Hopeless Rescue (until completion).

Please check 'em out :)

Whiteout Challenge Playlist : 

Nomad Challenge Playlist: 

Thank you all for the support so far!!!

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: August 18, 2016

My "Challenge Mode - Whiteout" Series finishes victoriously this week woo-hoo!  

Full completed series for "Challenge Mode - Hunted Part 1" and "Challenge Mode - Hopeless Rescue" are currently up on the channel

"Challenge Mode - Nomad" is currently posting new videos on Tuesdays and Thursdays and is more than halfway complete.

New Challenge modes & Experience modes will have videos as soon as they are patched in!

I invite you to check these videos out and thank you for you time :)

• 1 month later...

I'm really excited to start videos of the new Challenge Mode : The Hunted Part 2 on YouTube next week!!!!

Tune in on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for fresh videos of the new Challenge mode :)

<UPDATED>

Episodes will HOPEFULLY start soon - have to wait for the patch to come to Xbox.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC45dkQbTtR2k3M2VT_GqYTg

I really hope that you join me on this new adventure.

PS: (Interloper Mode series coming soon in October!)

MAY 2017 Update!!!!

I am currently releasing videos every weekday M-F.

On MWF we are doing INTERLOPER mode.

On T/TH we are doing a Timberwolf Mountain Challenge on Stalker difficulty.

My channel has now been posting The Long Dark content for over a year and I hope that you stop by and take a look :)

Best wishes to all my channel's supporters and let's get hyped for the release of Story Mode!

The Long Dark Timberwolf Mountain Challenge: 

The Long Dark Interloper

• 1 month later...

I'm very excited to start some fresh games in the new Faithful Cartographer update!

I will be starting a new Interloper difficulty series which will be posted on M/W/F and I will be switching from my Timberwolf Mountain Challenge on T/TH to the in-game Challenges (to complete them on PC).  I will likely begin with Hopeless Rescue as The Hunted: Part 1 has a known bug right now.

I'm also happy that there are new improved graphics options which I can show everyone on PC.

Thanks to everyone for all of the wonderful support that you have given me during the past year with your views, likes, tips & comments- without you I doubt that I would still be posting to YouTube :) 

• 1 month later...

Archived