Wolf Coat

TygerxEyes

Greetings,

One of the things I hate is dying in a game for no real good reason... in other words, game mechanics prevent real for logic from kicking-in and you die.  I noticed the Wolf Coat takes 25-hours to make... or so I believe.  Obviously, I am not going to sit around outside for 25-hours while making my coat though 25-hours still seem like a long time to make said coat without stopping to eat food and water.  I do not want to fall out or join the long dark because game has me sewed myself to death (e.g., I was skinning a deer in the game and did not think it would run the time clock down without stopping until I died).

So, can I make it in stages? I work for 12-hours, sleep, and do another 12-hours? Do I eat and drink until bloated and maxed out? Do I have to skip sleep? 

~Tyger~

You have to kind of be careful, mindful, and deliberate about your actions in TLD... Sure taking a little over a full day in craft hours might seem like too much but think about it... Would you work on something for OVER 24 hours STRAIGHT!?... Mind you without eating, sleeping, or resting at any point for a "break" lets say... I know I wouldnt in a real life situation...(also if your out in the cold and your skinning a deer maybe dont skin and gut the ENTIRE bounty as depending on your condition and various other things might be)

Yes you can.

When you create your wolfskin coat you can set up the number of hours you want to work on it.

And in the future if you do an action that will kill you because you're in a loading time (like harvesting carcass) you can cancel it by pressing escape on your keyboard

Yes, you can make the coat in stages. You'll be left with a partially completed coat in your inventory and then you can continue to craft it once you're ready. There are also numerous crafting benches indoors (e.g. the camp office) so you don't have to make it outdoors.

You can place your materials(including the partially finished coat) in the drawer of the workbench between sessions. Not always necessary, but will give you a little weight relief in your backpack if you happen to be harvesting or hauling loot during the intervals.

Archived