Rope climbing Fail twice

RIchAsissts

Hi every body, I have a question for all you experienced climbers, I have died twice in a row now due to rock climbing. Both times it was at the ravine. Heading down there at about day 60 on stalker to scavenge some more reshi mushrooms for my pet parasites. First attempt first climb. Down was fine not a problem at all. On the way back I got my rest bar and my stamina to full. Made it to the ledge. Rested until fully recharged. Now here is where it went wrong both times. As I stepped on to the rope I imedietly fell!! About 5 feet, for some reason I carried on climbing obv not making it to th top, falling and dying to a blizzard at the bottom only having 10% condition. I was very sad lol. The second attemp went exactly the same day 40 this time but I fell further as I stepped on the the rope. Made it back to the ledge but then got stuck in a blizzard! So very upset again. My question is do you slip every time you go from a resting ledge to a rope or was I incredibly unlucky for it to happen twice in a row?

I've had it happen a few times. One thing to do is make sure your finger is on the "up" or "forward" key when you click on the rope. Also, I also try to carry 3 to 4 cups of coffee with me on the Timberwolf Mountain map.

Another thing...... don't hang there to the point of exhaustion just about to fall. It's better to just hit the down button and climb back down to a ledge or the ground.

Good Luck

Like what @cowboymrh said:

• Be rested. If your stamina still depletes too fast drink coffee to slow down stamina loss
  • Don't stop. Someone on the forms did tests and found stamina depletion on ropes is constant whether you're moving or standing still.
  • Fight another day. If you can't make it going back down on the rope is better than falling off the rope.

My own advice:

• Keep your weight down. Ideally to 20 kg or less. You can climb a lot longer with less weight
  • Make sure you're clicking on the rope to resume climbing. I've nearly walked off ledges because I forgot to click on the rope before walking off.
  • If you're almost at the top it may be worth the risk to keep climbing. You will fall once your energy bar is in the red though. It's just a question of time.

On 1 June 2016 at 10:46 PM, cowboymrh said:

I've had it happen a few times. One thing to do is make sure your finger is on the "up" or "forward" key when you click on the rope. Also, I also try to carry 3 to 4 cups of coffee with me on the Timberwolf Mountain map.

Another thing...... don't hang there to the point of exhaustion just about to fall. It's better to just hit the down button and climb back down to a ledge or the ground.

Good Luck

So I tried again for the 3rd attempt and made sure I was holding forward and I had no problems. It makes me really nervous every time I climb a rope now thinking this could well end my run! 

Thanks 

On 1 June 2016 at 0:02 AM, cekivi said:

Like what @cowboymrh said:

• Be rested. If your stamina still depletes too fast drink coffee to slow down stamina loss
  • Don't stop. Someone on the forms did tests and found stamina depletion on ropes is constant whether you're moving or standing still.
  • Fight another day. If you can't make it going back down on the rope is better than falling off the rope.

My own advice:

• Keep your weight down. Ideally to 20 kg or less. You can climb a lot longer with less weight
  • Make sure you're clicking on the rope to resume climbing. I've nearly walked off ledges because I forgot to click on the rope before walking off.
  • If you're almost at the top it may be worth the risk to keep climbing. You will fall once your energy bar is in the red though. It's just a question of time.

Thanks now I don't climb with any none essential items and this seems to be helping a lot 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Late to the party, but it happened to me in the engine part of timberwolf mountain, I rested on the ledge, and when I was full of stamina and in rested condition I immediately fell after clicking the rope and pressing W. I survived but now I just wait until my character has a good grip (wait until the camera points up and stops moving, usually 1 second after you clicked the rope from the ledge) and then I start climbing/descending, never fell again after doing this.

hmm cant say I've ever had this problem, but whatever you do make sure you do not fail the last rope climb on TWM summit. Twice I done this when first attempting the peak and twice had a nasty surprise waiting for me at the bottom,lol not sure if this was intentional on HL part or if I was just really unlucky.

Archived