Dense/good stick picking location around Camp Office?

thinair

Basically, as title says.

I'm having hard time finding a good spots around camp office. In TM, around the hut there are like 5 spots, which takes like 5 minutes of playing time to pick up 50+ sticks. Around camp office in ML, only one a bit more of a decent place is deadfall. So yeah, may you please share some good spots for stick picking, around Camp office?

You could follow the lake trail that starts behind the camp office (to circumvent potential wolves on the ice) and search your sticks along the southern/south-eastern shore of mystery lake. There are usually at least 30 sticks lying around in this area and almost twice as much if you don't mind breaking a few branches.:winky:

I just started a new sandbox pilgrim on TM and the sticks are still pretty hard to find I guess, that is why it is a harder map to play. As for MP map, sticks should be more , which i think they are. You just need to explore more to find resources.

Normally, I find it easier to just harvest fir and cedar to keep my fires going. There's a location just across the train tracks from the camp office that usually has 1-3 cedar boughs that can be harvested. Of course, you need to have a hatchet to do this...

i know about the need of hatchet to chop wood, but sticks a free... so. when played TM only, i almost never chopped wood... because around hut every day or two, could get close to 100 sticks or so... hut was loaded with sticks. 100 sticks is almost 12 hours of fire.

12 hours ago, thinair said:

i know about the need of hatchet to chop wood, but sticks a free... so. when played TM only, i almost never chopped wood... because around hut every day or two, could get close to 100 sticks or so... hut was loaded with sticks. 100 sticks is almost 12 hours of fire.

It's situational dependent. If I'm traveling, I'll just harvest sticks that I see on the ground. For my base camp I'll normally stock it with firewood so I can keep a fire going for a really long time. For example, 45 min of work gets you 3 hours of burn time with cedar.

Archived