Is there a road map posted anywhere?

ChaosPinhead

So I watched the video on Steam, and read some of the reviews and they sound good. I got an idea of what this game is about but I'm curious being alpha what the future road map is for this game. I'd like to purchase it but I would love to know what's coming being that I'm not buying a complete game. How frequent are the updates? I've played a lot of these alpha incomplete updating games and I think a lot of people would benefit from this information. Short term, mid term long term goals, etc.

Thanks!

I have been looking for a roadmap too.

However I went ahead and purchased TLD and regret nothing. So far there appears to have been 3-4 updates. Minor tweaks, FPS improvements/restoration of most stable configuration, and also key bindings were released pretty quickly so we could enjoy ourselves without hassle. This was done all in about 3-4 days.

I don't expect an update every day but so far I'm impressed. Sandbox plays very well, no bugs for me at least, and once you truly understand game mechanics it doesn't feel too RNG. (I am referring to food poisoning) I have come to a working conclusion that the lower your overall condition the more likely you "get sick" which makes sense. However I could see legitimate player confusion wondering why their can of peaches at 90% condition caused them to become ill. I have also deliberately eaten raw meat close to rotting while at 100% physical condition, like a baddass morbid nooblet, just kept on trucking through the wilderness.

If you like survival games this is a must have even in its current state. I't wont hold your hand though, but its a good thing because it feels like you earn every day you survive.

can't answer your roadmap question, but the dev's have their fingers on the pulse of the feedback in here. There were three or four updates this week. I bought the game yesterday afternoon (Friday) and by Friday evening there was an update that reduced chance of food poisoning, reduced calorie drain, and changed wolf behavior and wolf combat. So the updates are a constant flow directly answering player feedback.

I've owned this title less than 24 hours and have played it for 9 or 10. Seeing as I spent about $20 at the theater for a 2 hour experience, this title has already paid for itself IMO. And it's not done giving.

I ended up picking up the game. So far I am loving it. No living very long due to wolves but that's only because I can't seem to kill them when they attack. I mash the button a bunch of times then right click and repeat 2-3 times but i only ever get 1-2 whacks on it then i'm dead. And how they can get into the Dam building is beyond me. Must be a broken window somewhere huh?? Died twice so far, I have a load point in a cabin but there is a wolf patrolling the area that makes it hard to leave. With no gun or weapon of any kind....I might have to start over. I know the Dam is up the tracks a ways and if I can get there, I found a gun there last play, not sure if items are "random" in loot spawns or not but hoping that rifle is still there and the hunting knife for that matter!

I have high hopes for this game. Its refreshing to finally find a real survival game that doesn't involve zombies. (although a mod later on down the road wouldn't be terrible lol). I See there is a "new area" coming soon, that is awesome. Look forward to lots and lots of those, putting you into different environments each with their own unique challenges. Would love to see 2-4 player coop at some point. I have a couple friend's Id love to play a game like this with, trying to survive and help each other survive.

Can't wait to see what the game has in store. Hopefully sometime I can make a trap and catch that stupid wolf by the cottage and eat it :)

Okay well I have some good news. I found this which is pretty much the closest thing we have to a roadmap right now. Your going to be so happy once you finish reading it. I am encouraging my friends to pick up the game.

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/09/19/surviving-the-long-dark-how-one-developer-left-triple-a-and-staked-claim-to-the-canadian-wilderness/?__lsa=10f4-3ad5

I don't want to spoil anything but hug the wall on the right hand side while approaching the tunnel collapse from the tracks. Keep moving along through the wilderness until you find "him" and then take the snowy hill upwards. It took me a few tries to get used to this pathway but now I can easily return to this very useful location.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this could help you ;)

Download the map here: [link removed by admin] (mediafire link)

Sry for my little advertising :)

ADMIN NOTE: The link has been removed as it is associated with a spam paid-link service. Please do not repost links from that service, or any other spam systems.

Archived