HOTFIX: The Long Dark Sandbox Hotfixed to v.338 -- Crash, Lighting, and Gameplay Fixes

19 hours ago, beechel said:

Well, in voyager (pre hotfix) the main differences to pilgrim (other than the wildlife tries to kill/eat you) were as follows - 

1. you need to consume a lot more calories per day in Voyager
  2. You freeze/get cold a lot faster in Voyager (thats what I mean about temperature)
  3. you fatigue a lot faster in Voyager

I love playing both Pilgrim and Voyager but personally would like a Pilgrim to still present the challenges of freezing, fatigue and food demand but without the predators viewing you as food

ah ok atm I am playing a new run in Pilgrim > TW map and Fatigue is something I am not used to, I think Pilgrim users are getting Voyager Fatigue play along with a few other issues :( atm?

The wildlife in Pilgrim seems same to me.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not played since the update -  I plan to start a new game this weekend - Ive been playing the cute and fluffy 'The Flame in the Flood' quite a bit :D So will set up a pilgrim and voyager game this weekend and see how they go.

Yep, my understanding is that Fatigue is changed for pilgrim and more in line with Voyager now

2 hours ago, beechel said:

Yep, my understanding is that Fatigue is changed for pilgrim and more in line with Voyager now

The fatigue gain rates in Pilgrim and Voyageur were increased to Stalker level during the last update, hence players of all modes are now experiencing fatigue gain rates formerly only known by Stalker players.

The intention behind it is to make sure all players are exhausted by the end of the day in all modes to enable them to sleep 10 hours in a row.

20 hours ago, Scyzara said:

The fatigue gain rates in Pilgrim and Voyageur were increased to Stalker level during the last update, hence players of all modes are now experiencing fatigue gain rates formerly only known by Stalker players.

The intention behind it is to make sure all players are exhausted by the end of the day in all modes to enable them to sleep 10 hours in a row.

Ah did not know that, although that sounds good to me - it will certainly help with the sleep mechanism, I have never played stalker, but even with voyager the whole sleep for 4 hrs and then 'pass time' was a little bit tiresome - I mean -who survives on 4 hrs?? It would kill me - I love my bed too much!! Can't wait to start a new game this evening and try the changes out.

• 2 weeks later...

Love these Updates - The lighting indoors is great!  Very well done and makes it much easier to get stuff done indoors.  The time it takes to get tired is a little more realistic when climbing in the hills.  Makes the game a little more realistic as you would be tired after walking for 7 hours - It does make it harder to get stuff done though, which is fine.  All in all I love this update to the game - 

Archived