HD4000 vs HD5000 : who tried the game on these?

goji

Hello, i got a laptop which has the Intel HD4000 & the game is playable at low settings, getting about 15-30FPS outside i recall.

I'm tempted to buy a new laptop which has the HD5500 (single). Anyone here with it? It'd be i5 processor.. Please report FPS in low, HD res. Thanks!

Equipped with fast dual-channel memory, the HD Graphics 5500 outperforms the HD Graphics 4400 (Haswell, 20 EUs) by 20 - 25 percent and also beats the HD Graphics 5000 (Haswell, 40 EUs). However, even a low-end dedicated GeForce 820M ist about 10 - 30 percent faster than the HD 5500. Games as of 2014/2015 will usually run fluently only at (very) low settings.

From Notebook Check

Based on this information I'd say the improvement would be somewhat nil. Current Mac laptops are shipping with Intel Iris graphics (6100 for the 13", and Iris Pro for the 15") which are supposed to be better for games and graphics design. I wouldn't know, and I still wouldn't buy one without a discrete graphics card with its own RAM. The problem with the Intel graphics is that they use system RAM, which means they're competing with the processors for that memory. 

I hope that helps! My current laptop has both the Intel 4000 and the NVIDIA 650M, and it runs TLD off the NVIDIA card fine. 

But if you got plenty of RAM, i guess that's ok? Anyway, i need feedback from people who played the game on the mentionned HD5500, with an i5 processor in the best case (same as mine) :) Thanks for the reply!

Hello,

I am playing the game on a HD 530 (Skylake Dektop) at medium settings/1080p with around 25 fps. Since the laptop versions are a bit weaker I would recommend at least a Skylake CPU or one with the more powerfull Intel Iris Graphics and 8 GB of RAM.

1 hour ago, goji said:

Yes please, i wanna know ^^

Ran around PV for a half an hour or so. Here's the frame rate you can expect.

MIN: 21
MAX: 37
AVG: 28

System specs are as follows:
Intel Core i5-5200U
8GB DDR3 RAM
Intel HD Graphics 5500

You can find the graphical settings I ran the test with in the screenshot attached.
I apologize if it looks a little grainy, it was scaled down from a QHD+ display.

Screenshot 2016-05-14 12.17.30.png

Your unit's got 2x4GB, not 1x8GB, right? Heard that single channel is killing perf & it seems so indeed :

Got the unit with HD5500, it has only one RAM channel used & i get half your results..!!

Got 1x 4GB added to mine which makes RAM running in dual channel now. Which makes FPS back to normal..

BUT it's still not more than with my HD4000 unit, it's same or sometimes less..! Which is not normal i think?

Archived