Slipping, sliding and... falling

Hotzn

It seems we are still able to climb down steep rocks and cliffs by crouching and just moving down (as long as there is no 90° drop or overhang). Wouldn't it be exciting if we could slip and/or slide and fall? Especially if we wear sneakers.

I've often thought this myself.  My worry is that adding friction physics might require using a different game engine entirely.  (I wish I knew more about Unity.)  If that's the case, I think I'd rather stay the course with the current development plan. :)

38 minutes ago, Dinhammer said:

I've often thought this myself.  My worry is that adding friction physics might require using a different game engine entirely.  (I wish I knew more about Unity.)  If that's the case, I think I'd rather stay the course with the current development plan. :)

Nope, it is definitely possible to add friction physics in Unity and shouldn't be that difficult at all. I really like this idea.

On 4.5.2016 at 7:14 PM, Hotzn said:

It seems we are still able to climb down steep rocks and cliffs by crouching and just moving down (as long as there is no 90° drop or overhang). Wouldn't it be exciting if we could slip and/or slide and fall? Especially if we wear sneakers.

But I really like to use the shortcut from the summit of timberwolf mountain down to the montaineers house, just over the cliff :) saves so much time. Also I can easily escape the old bear in challange mode, when just useing the cliffs as a shortcut. 

But seriously its really worth thinking about changing that.

Archived