Crash before loading outdoors

unti1x

I found this thing only when go in/out gas station in coastal highway. All buildings at least in coastal town do so. It never happened with buildings on islands.

Gonna test mines now.

cinder hills coal mine is ok

waterfront cottages - crashed

locations outside coastal highway work fine, no crashes yet. I tested it on 3 different saves, new and old.

4 minutes ago, kingmob said:

That's bizarre, I noted the same thing in the thread below this one. Do you have any trouble launching the game?  I guess I'll just have to rent a fishing hut for the winter ;)

No troubles with launching game.

By the way, I never use gas station as a base, always live in fisher camp near the rabbit island.

• 2 weeks later...

One more crash. Now in Pleasant valley, farmstead. This one looks unusual, because didn't happen there before.  And never happen again, no matter, how hard I tried. =/ Ok, game crashed again, when I tried to enter the farmhouse.

• 2 weeks later...

Inventoy corruption?

I noticed this is particularily frequent when raiding multi-building settlements*, it almost seems as if it starts to occur after you have opened at least one microwave oven or stove. After that, doors that used to be safe become crashy, not only when exiting but also when entering.

Crashyness becomes worse with continued play.

Crashyness survives save/load, executable restarts and even reinstalls but does not carry over to new games.

I'll see if I can find a reproducible crash using a fresh game.

*)I never had problems in crystal lake or timberwolf mountain, but almost immediately in pleasant valley or coastal highway.

1 hour ago, Bobbin said:

I never had problems in crystal lake or timberwolf mountain, but almost immediately in pleasant valley or coastal highway.

I have problems only in coastal highway near town. Game crashes even if you trying to enter there from Crumbling Highway.

Started a few fresh games to narow down the cause.

Tested some locations. It seems to be enough to just enter/exit buildings at the flawed locations 1-3 times. I did a lot of interactions at the locations marked "OK", without crash, and I could crash the locations marked "crash" by just entering and exiting a few times. I started a completely new game for each location tested.

Mystery Lake:

Coastal Highway:

Pleasant Valley:

Timberwolf Mountain:

21 minutes ago, Bobbin said:

Started a few fresh games to narow down the cause.

Tested some locations. It seems to be enough to just enter/exit buildings at the flawed locations 1-3 times. I did a lot of interactions at the locations marked "OK", without crash, and I could crash the locations marked "crash" by just entering and exiting a few times.

I also had crashes in Commuter's Lament and Waterfront Cottages. No problems in Rural Crossroads, but had unusual crash near Pleasant Valley Farmstead

Game crashes only on scene change, so Timberwolf mountain could possibly have problem in caverns, but I didn't notice anything suspicious.

• 4 weeks later...

It's not actually 100% fixed, just less likely to occur - but we are glad to hear that you're seeing it less now. This is a crash within Unity, we've rolled back to an earlier version that is less likely to cause this crash, but as a result we've had to disable the intro videos to avoid a different crash. The crash is not 100% gone, unfortunately but the crash conditions are far less likely to occur.  

16 hours ago, Support said:

It's not actually 100% fixed, just less likely to occur - but we are glad to hear that you're seeing it less now. This is a crash within Unity, we've rolled back to an earlier version that is less likely to cause this crash, but as a result we've had to disable the intro videos to avoid a different crash. The crash is not 100% gone, unfortunately but the crash conditions are far less likely to occur.  

Unity is so Unity. Can imagine, what devs said about it. :D At least I can feed wolfs again.

Archived