Terribly poor performances [Linux]

dr_bicinium

Hello everyone,

Since the 1.1 update, i have terribly poor performances and game breaking lag; it worked smoothly prior to it. I put the graphical setting at low, but still it's unplayable. The lag occurs with the blizzard, and when i lit a fire, for instance. Last time, i spent 19 minutes real time to lit one, while i was caught in a blizzard... and when it finally started, the game was even more laging, with 1 frame per 4 seconds. But it also occurred when lighting a stove on normal weather. This lag issue makes the game absolutely not enjoyable and unplayable, and i stopped playing it since the update.

Since it's not really a bug, and the game don't crash, i don't think that the logs would be useful, but has anyone experienced this also, and found a solution? I'm sure devs have a lot to do right now, but if someone could help me dive again in this little pearl, i would be really grateful!

Here are my specs:

Laptop Linux, Ubuntu 14.04 32bits
3.7Gb RAM ; Proc AMD Phenom II P960 Quad-core
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series (proprietary driver fglrx); OpenGL 4.3.13399

Hi again,

Just in case anyone else would be in the same situation than me, changing the resolution seems to help. I used to play at 1366x768 - without trouble prior to 1.1 - and i just tried at 960x540 (or something like that): i was able to light a fire and melt snow without excessive time. I still experience some big lags quite often, but at least it's more playable - ugly, but playable - and I managed to reach a safe place. I'll try a lower resolution, hoping that these lags will vanished.

From what i read, it seems to be related to Unity, but i hope devs will be able to patch this a bit, and maybe give us more possibilities in graphic settings to help people fitting the game to their configuration? :)

Anyway, keep up the great work, guys, your game is awesome and i can't wait to be able to play it again (for now, without the immersion i experienced before 1.1, i can't really enjoy it)!

• 1 month later...

Archived