HOTFIX! The Long Dark Sandbox v.327

Raphael van Lierop

• Hinterland

Hello community, 

Just another quick hotfix to address a few issues we discovered last night, including one bad Cabin Fever bug that would have affected players who started in v.325. 

THE LONG DARK SANDBOX HOTFIXED to v.327

* Fixed issue where Cabin Fever couldn't be treated if it was triggered during a v.325 savegame. 
* Fixed crash when trying to light the Torch from a fire. 
* Fixed issue when healing Afflictions that require two pills when holding a bottle with only one pill remaining. 

###END OF CHANGELIST### 

Please share all your feedback, comments, and questions in the Discussion boards! Thank you. 

- The Hinterland Team

3 hours ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

Hello community, 

Just another quick hotfix to address a few issues we discovered last night, including one bad Cabin Fever bug that would have affected players who started in v.325. 

THE LONG DARK SANDBOX HOTFIXED to v.327

* Fixed issue where Cabin Fever couldn't be treated if it was triggered during a v.325 savegame. 
* Fixed crash when trying to light the Torch from a fire. 
* Fixed issue when healing Afflictions that require two pills when holding a bottle with only one pill remaining. 

###END OF CHANGELIST### 

Please share all your feedback, comments, and questions in the Discussion boards! Thank you. 

- The Hinterland Team

Is this for the xbox one version as well?

15 hours ago, Blinkin said:

Well at least the Xbox has update v.325. The PC version from GOG still is on v.302. All I know is that they're still working on it... (not that I don't love v.302, I'm just eager to try the new game mechanisms).

It's true that you are late with your version, the game has been really upgraded so far. I recommend using the Steam plateform rather because Hinterland seems more active on it.

On 26-4-2016 at 11:42 AM, RenegadeReturn said:

It's true that you are late with your version, the game has been really upgraded so far. I recommend using the Steam plateform rather because Hinterland seems more active on it.

I actually switched from Steam to GOG haha. :P
Main reason is that I don't like DRM and I prefer having the installer as backup.

41 minutes ago, Blinkin said:

I actually switched from Steam to GOG haha. :P
Main reason is that I don't like DRM and I prefer having the installer as backup.

WTF? and how is your GOG going? updates good? DRM Digital rights management.

Updates on GOG are fairly good. They even do quality control before putting updates online, Unlike Steam which immediately publishes updates leaving risks of game breaking bugs entirely to developers. Positive side of Steam is that you get updates as fast as possible.
Reason why I'm not a huge fan of DRM is that I tend to play my games longer than a decade after the release which isn't possible with a lot of DRM protected games, they'll die when the dev drops support for them. Another reason is that I have machines without an (stable) internet connection, for some games this means you simply can't play them even if the game itself doesn't need internet to function.

But maybe this is a discussion which requires a new topic. I don't want to derail this one. :)
P.S. I'm not suggesting that Steam is bad, not at all it's a great system. I just prefer GOG for personal reasons.

3 hours ago, Blinkin said:

Updates on GOG are fairly good. They even do quality control before putting updates online, Unlike Steam which immediately publishes updates leaving risks of game breaking bugs entirely to developers. Positive side of Steam is that you get updates as fast as possible.
Reason why I'm not a huge fan of DRM is that I tend to play my games longer than a decade after the release which isn't possible with a lot of DRM protected games, they'll die when the dev drops support for them. Another reason is that I have machines without an (stable) internet connection, for some games this means you simply can't play them even if the game itself doesn't need internet to function.

But maybe this is a discussion which requires a new topic. I don't want to derail this one. :)
P.S. I'm not suggesting that Steam is bad, not at all it's a great system. I just prefer GOG for personal reasons.

That's interesting, using GOG you get a new executable every time the game updates ? So, you can actually install the version you prefer on multiple machines ?

Hey Reki, yes that's correct. The first installer that was available through GOG was v302, in theory you could save every installer as soon as it's available.
So if the new update arrives on GOG but I don't like it can simply roll back the update and keep playing the previous version. Or like you say: play different versions on different machines.

This does not only apply to The Long Dark. Every game you buy on GOG has this option, just like buying a CD but without the need for a CD. :D

21 hours ago, Blinkin said:

Hey Reki, yes that's correct. The first installer that was available through GOG was v302, in theory you could save every installer as soon as it's available.
So if the new update arrives on GOG but I don't like it can simply roll back the update and keep playing the previous version. Or like you say: play different versions on different machines.

This does not only apply to The Long Dark. Every game you buy on GOG has this option, just like buying a CD but without the need for a CD. :D

Thanks for the info ;), I'm going to check it out.

Archived