Drawing your own map.

Mikesla

Hi.

I was online streaming the other day, and we were discussing the game, and a thought popped into my head.

Instead of having the ability to pull up a map showing where you have visited, have an option which would allow you to create your own with landmarks.

Okay what I mean is, I select map, and a notepad appears, my mouse cursor turns into a pencil. I can then scribble, and draw where I am, and draw a small house, trees, mountains, and etc.

This way it would be more personalized, and much more fun since your doing it all by hand.

I don't know, I'm just thinking here.

I use a new tech toy that's just starting to be sold in stores now I think called a pen and paper. I'm not sure if it would work with the game though because I haven't found anybody who has the USB attachment to connect it to my computer.

Haaaaaaa, Tarling... :lol:

I use a new tech toy that's just starting to be sold in stores now I think called a pen and paper. I'm not sure if it would work with the game though because I haven't found anybody who has the USB attachment to connect it to my computer.

:lol:

Dunno about drawing, but writing on already existing ingame map would be nice.

Once the map is implemented, it would be cool if you could write your own stuff to it. For an example if you found some house but didn't have the time to loot it, you could write on your map that you haven't checked that house yet. The map absolutely should not show where you are right now. That would ruin the whole idea of looking for land marks etc.

This current level is so small, though that after a while you will just memorize the whole thing, making maps pretty much unnecessary.

Hopefully future maps are much larger, and will actually feel like a wilderness. This current level feels more like a trek in the neighborhood rather than wilderness survival.

This first level is probably just the defacto testing level to test stuff in, and the future levels will be much larger. It is alpha after all.

Archived