wolf despawn?

Jolan

Can't confirm from code, but by play wolves despawn.  Or re-roll.  The level seems to reset, so you have a chance of a wolf in a different location, or no wolf.  There is no such thing as a persistent wolf.  That wolf is one of several wolf spawns, but not the same wolf.  If you kill "that" wolf you have the exact same chance of spawning a wolf in the same spot tomorrow.

On 4/17/2016 at 5:43 PM, grimreefer24601 said:

Can't confirm from code, but by play wolves despawn.  Or re-roll.  The level seems to reset, so you have a chance of a wolf in a different location, or no wolf.  There is no such thing as a persistent wolf.  That wolf is one of several wolf spawns, but not the same wolf.  If you kill "that" wolf you have the exact same chance of spawning a wolf in the same spot tomorrow.

cool, thanks!

On 4/17/2016 at 5:50 PM, starfighter441 said:

I've killed that wolf a few times, as he keeps killing off deer, which means that I end up with a bunch of meat that I can't dispose of before it starts to spoil badly.

On the upside, he is now a nice warm coat...

for some reason before he disapeared he stuck to one end while the deer stuck to the other.  When I needed deer meat I drove the deer to the wolf, then scared him off.  It was working well for me, maybe not so well for the wolf. :)

If I remember correctly, the various animals all have different "paths" they follow. Every so many days (no idea how many) the game determines which paths will have animals and whether that animal will be a wolf or a deer. In this sense, your wolf can de-spawn if it was there but then the game repopulated the animal paths. Difficulty level effects the likelihood of the spawning animal being a wolf or a deer. You can see this in action really well on Mystery Lake since there will sometimes be 1 wolf and 2 deer, 0 wolves and 2 deer or 1 deer and 2 wolves. At least that's been my experience :)

9 minutes ago, cekivi said:

If I remember correctly, the various animals all have different "paths" they follow. Every so many days (no idea how many) the game determines which paths will have animals and whether that animal will be a wolf or a deer. In this sense, your wolf can de-spawn if it was there but then the game repopulated the animal paths. Difficulty level effects the likelihood of the spawning animal being a wolf or a deer. You can see this in action really well on Mystery Lake since there will sometimes be 1 wolf and 2 deer, 0 wolves and 2 deer or 1 deer and 2 wolves. At least that's been my experience :)

thanks!

37 minutes ago, cekivi said:

I'm also seeing it on the ice in CH.

Archived