[POLL] Transportation Alternatives

SteveP

Transportation  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure how I missed this topic the first go around, but I could see a hand truck, wheelbarrow or a sled being very useful. A small rail cart would be neat too, but would probably work best with a specific purpose in a challenge or in story mode. Unless we had a very long distance to cover... Then it would be neat to have in the sandbox!

Sam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to add to my vote: a sled that the character could pull around would be fine for me IF it was well-balanced. Carefully packing and lugging around stuff is an interesting game mechanic.

I would NOT want to see dogs and even less tamable wolves. An adult wolf is impossible to tame, a pup would be pretty hard as well. Just think about the czechoslovakian wolfdog's history:

The Czechoslovakian Wolfdog also proved much more trainable and responsive than the wolf, but it was significantly more difficult to train than most domestic dogs.  Czechoslovakian handlers found that the breed was capable of learning and performing most of the tasks required of it, but that the breed was significantly less obedient and responsive than most other working breeds. 

If even a wolf-dog hybrid (not even first generation) resulted hard to train by the military already experienced in dog training, just imagine a bush pilot trying to train a wolf. It would not respond to commands, it would do whatever the hell it wants, steal your food and after a year when it would get big enough to pull a sled it will probably turn against you or run after wild females, or both.

An unknown dog could result hard to train as well, even if it was already used to sled-pulling: sled dogs can be pretty stubborn and require an experienced hand, and teaching sled-pulling to another kind of dog... good luck. On top of that it would require care, food and shelter, and be more a nuisance than anything. I keep thinking that in a survival situation a dog would probably become food rather than a companion.

• 2 months later...

I thought I would kick this poll in case any new comers have not seen the transportation options poll. If you enter a forum search using the keyword Poll, you should find several including two more on fire making options primitive fires and modern fires. Also don't forget animals! I want to say that I really enjoy the new deer, wolf and bear behaviours. Did rabbits change too? Really looking forward to the new animals!!

Archived