don't turn your back on the wolf pack.

Tbone555

so yesterday, my 57 day character got eaten by two wolves. it was tragic, but i had to press on. i went on today, started me up a new male on desolation point (selected as random) on stalker.
i survived for 1 day.

spawned near the riken at night fall, gathered all usuable supplies from her and slept through the night. then made my way to hybernia at sunrise, then gathered supplies for the road and slept there. by the next morning, i was on the road. i wasnt about to wait around in DP, straight for CH as soon as possible. well i took a little rest halfway to the lighthouse and had an energy bar, as i was running low on calories. as is tradition in this game, IMMEDIATELY gave me food poisoning. not a big deal. popped some antibiotics, and i was off again. found a wolf by the lighthouse, so i had to duck in the nearby car and wait for him to pass. decided it was too risky to continue across the bridges to the lighthouse, so i climbed the hill up to the church, made a fire there, boiled some water and took a little nap. at nightfall, i decided i wouldnt make it through the night in that church sick and with no tool to gather firewood with. as dangerous as the lighthouse path seemed, i decided to brave it anyway. lit a torch, collected my bedroll and i was off. the sickness i contracted from the energy bar had me very exhausted. my sleep meter was all the way down, i just wanted to get to that nice cozy bed in the lighthouse. went down the hill, saw one wolf. no biggie. i flailed my torch at him (good lord, he swings the torch slow when he's tired) and started walking back from him, continuing down the hill keeping my eye on him. i saw his buddy come up beside him from behind, and i knew i was screwed. i just knew i stumbled into a pack. i swung around to see a wolf charging me from behind. i was able to fight him off with 25% condition left, though once i stumbled to my feet the other two raced to finish me off. it didnt take them long...

14 hours ago, hauteecolerider said:

Two characters in a row, dying from a double wolf attack? Ugh! That happened to my second Voyager character on ML!

i know, that is ridiculous!
i usually only see hunting behavior like that at night. the wolves get much more aggressive after nightfall. i guess that same aggressive behavior is more frequent at daylight in stalker mode.

12 hours ago, hauteecolerider said:

This happened at dusk, so close enough, I suppose. But there are three wolves that patrol the lake, and sometimes it's tricky to move around the lake without attracting the attention of more than one at a time. 

right. around ML i usually go across the lake crouched when there are nearby wolves
it takes a LONG time, but its safer at least :P

if i ever need to clear out a place thats infested with wolves like the train wreck on ML, or the coastal townsite on CH, i always bring a flare. nothing scares them off better, and you can pick it right back up after.

Archived