Any way to get a remorse?

Overstorager

Hi, I just played about 221 days on the most difficult level, and failed the risk evaluation with a wolf, being stoned and drunk and too confident. Pockets full of arrows, guns overflown with bullets, waiting to get to a nice moment in a nearby (20 m) workshop to build some more firepower to make it possible to try out actual deer hunting with a bow, and to prepare for the final ultimate without having any matches or strikers left for fire, to find out the real challenge. And one silly mistake with a bit tired guy here hearing a growl nearby a gas station by already injured wolf that eventually took my life as I was silly enough to take that challenge. That´s the way I guess it might go in the real life as well. One slip. The problem is that I will now just rather quit playing this than go through all the things I did before - again - as I´m a rather boring guy, I guess. But it has been a pleasure, and I understand my level of regret turning into a weep being a cry from the past, when playing nethack, or something similar like that. That is the spice, but now my mouth burned! Any way to do get a single remorse? Praying? Parrying? :D 

3 minutes ago, Overstorager said:

Hi, I just played about 221 days on the most difficult level, and failed the risk evaluation with a wolf, being stoned and drunk and too confident. Pockets full of arrows, guns overflown with bullets, waiting to get to a nice moment in a nearby (20 m) workshop to build some more firepower to make it possible to try out actual deer hunting with a bow, and to prepare for the final ultimate without having any matches or strikers left for fire, to find out the real challenge. And one silly mistake with a bit tired guy here hearing a growl nearby a gas station by already injured wolf that eventually took my life as I was silly enough to take that challenge. That´s the way I guess it might go in the real life as well. One slip. The problem is that I will now just rather quit playing this than go through all the things I did before - again - as I´m a rather boring guy, I guess. But it has been a pleasure, and I understand my level of regret turning into a weep being a cry from the past, when playing nethack, or something similar like that. That is the spice, but now my mouth burned! Any way to do get a single remorse? Praying? Parrying? :D 

221 days is a great run! And many of us have been there for sure, where one slip or one encounter makes all the difference. Although I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean in terms of "remorse." I would say remorse is free, and something we all get to experience from time to time. :winky:

--Patrick

Archived