Wind mechanic flaw

yorikmayer

Hi there! I know that there is the mechanic in the game which slows you down if you are going towards the strong wind. I've just found out that there is a flaw in it: if you go sideways towards the wind - your speed is still being normal. Personally, I don't mind about that, but I presume, it wasn't supposed to be so.  

I've tried it out in the location Mistery Lake, on stalker mode, on iMac2013 (if it is of any importance).

I think it is working as intended.  The idea is similar to escaping a rip current.  If you move perpendicular to the wind "current", you will move faster.

If the direction I need to go is against the wind, I actually walk in a 45 degree zigzags instead of a straight line to get to my destination faster.

16 hours ago, Vhalkyrie said:

I think it is working as intended.  The idea is similar to escaping a rip current.  If you move perpendicular to the wind "current", you will move faster.

If the direction I need to go is against the wind, I actually walk in a 45 degree zigzags instead of a straight line to get to my destination faster.

It makes sense when you think about it. Turning sideways to walk into wind decreases the surface area presented to the wind. In other words, you are smaller from the wind's perspective and therefore act more as a pole and less as a sail . . .

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived