The Hinterland Forums strive to be a place that is positive, inclusive, welcoming and comfortable. A community where intelligent, entertaining and meaningful conversations can occur. The rules are presented with these goals in mind. Warnings, bans, and lifetime bans are all at the discretion of Hinterland depending on the seriousness of the infraction.
Rules and Guidelines for the Hinterland Forums No Backseat Moderating Let the moderators do the moderating. Backseat moderating is when people who are not moderators try to enforce the forum rules. If you see a person breaking the rules, take advantage of the Report () button or simply ignore the offensive post(s), thread, or review. Report Posts to Moderators Should you observe a fellow Community member breaking these rules please report the post or item by clicking flag button located on every item, post, and review. Do not do any of the following: Flame or insult other members Bypass any filters Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.) Bump threads Derail a thread's topic Post links to phishing sites Post spam or Re-post Closed, Modified, Deleted Content Repetitively post in the incorrect forum Openly argue with a moderator
Off-Limit Topics/Replies Do not post any topics/replies containing the following: Porn, inappropriate or offensive content, or leaked content or anything else not safe for work Any discussion of piracy will result in a permanent ban from the Hinterland Community including, but not limited to: Cheating, hacking, game exploits Threats of violence or harassment, even as a joke Posted copyright material such as magazine scans Soliciting, begging, auctioning, raffling, selling, advertising, referrals Racism, sexism, homophobia, or discrimination Abusive language, including swearing Religious, political, and other “prone to huge arguments” threads No support will be given to those using cheat tools, or hacked/pirated copies, and any forum users who discuss pirated/pirating software will be removed. Please note that these guidelines may be edited or added to by Hinterland Studio as needed. If there is something you do not agree with, please email email@example.com
We have a designated Privacy Officer that can respond to questions, concerns and complaints at privacy@Hinterlandgames.com
Definition of Personal Information
We define personal information as meaning information about an identifiable individual, such as someone’s name, home address, phone number, email, gender, personal preferences about gaming, and personal comments posted on forums.
We state the purpose of collecting personal information when it is requested. Contact our Privacy Officer for questions about the collection of personal information. We collect personal information for the following purposes:
1. To provide and administer requested products and services, and to disclose the information for any purpose related to operation of accounts and provision of requested products and services;
2. To communicate with you through our website and email;
3. To authenticate your identity;
4. To monitor your compliance with any of your agreements with us;
5. To provide personal information to third party suppliers of products and services;
6. To manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an acquisition or merger, the provision of security for a credit facility or the change of a supplier of products;
7. To protect us, yourself and others from fraud and error and to safeguard our business interests;
8. To collect debts owed to us;
9. To comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
10. To distribute to third parties including financial institutions, payment processors, lawyers, financial institutions and government licensing bodies for any of the above purposes.
Limits to Collection, Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information
1. We will only collect and use personal information that is necessary to fulfill the purposes identified in this policy;
2. We will not collect, use or disclose personal information except for the identified purposes above unless we received further consent;
3. We will only collect, use or disclose personal information in accordance with PIPA;
5. We will keep personal information used to make a decision affecting you for at least one year after using it to make the decision;
6. Subject to the above one-year retention requirement, we will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes above or as long as required for a legal or business purpose;
7. We will destroy, erase or make anonymous documents or other records containing personal information as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the original purpose is no longer being served by retention of the information and retention is no longer necessary for a legal or business purpose; and
8. We will take due care when destroying personal information so as to prevent unauthorized access to the information.
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information, except where we are legally authorized or required by law to do so without consent. For example, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where:
1. The information is publicly available, as defined by statute or regulation;
2. We are obtaining legal advice;
3. We reasonably expect that obtaining consent would compromise an investigation or proceeding; and
4. We are permitted to by law.
Your consent may be provided orally, in writing, electronically or through inaction. Your consent is implied when it is obvious that we are collecting, using or disclosing personal information and when you voluntarily provide personal information for that obvious purpose. Your consent may be implied, express or provided by an authorized individual depending on the nature and sensitivity of the personal information.
You may withdraw their consent at any time by giving us reasonable notice, subject to legal, contractual and other obligations. If we receive notice of withdrawal of consent, we will inform you of the likely consequences of withdrawing consent, which may include our inability to provide certain goods or services for which that information is necessary.
Security of Personal Information
We protect personal information by implementing reasonable security arrangements to prevent against risks such as unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal of personal information. We will use reasonably secure methods whenever destroying personal information.
The protection and security of personal information cannot be guaranteed when it is submitted via email or other wireless communication.
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal information you collect, use or disclose is accurate and complete. Please notify us with corrections if there are any errors or omissions in your personal information. We will correct the personal information as soon as reasonably possible upon confirmation of the error or omission. We will, as soon as reasonably possible, update your personal information with authorized third parties.
You have right to access your personal information held by Hinterland Studio Inc. Your request for access must be made in writing and we may require individuals to prove their identity before giving them access to their personal information for security reasons. Upon request and authentication of identity, we will provide information about the ways in which your personal information is or has been used, and the names of the individuals and organizations to which their personal information has been disclosed.
PIPA allows is to charge a “minimal” fee for providing you with access to your personal information. If a fee is required, we will give you a written fee estimate in advance.
We will provide requested personal information within 30 business days after it is requested or you will give written notice if you need more time to respond.
In some cases, we may not give you access to certain personal information where authorized or required by PIPA to refuse access. If we refuse your access request, we will tell you in writing, stating the reasons for your refusal and outlining further steps that are available to you (including any internal review by your organization and the right to ask the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia to review the decision).
Complaints can be sent to our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can complain to the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia.