The Hinterland Forums strive to be a place that is positive, inclusive, welcoming and comfortable. A community where intelligent, entertaining and meaningful conversations can occur. The rules are presented with these goals in mind.
NOTE: Warnings, bans, and lifetime bans are all at the discretion of Hinterland depending on the seriousness of the infraction.
Rules and Guidelines for the Hinterland Forums
No Backseat Moderating
Let the moderators do the moderating. Backseat moderating is when people who are not moderators try to enforce the forum rules. If you see a person breaking the rules, take advantage of the Report () button or simply ignore the offensive post(s), thread, or review.
Report Posts to Moderators
Should you observe a fellow Community member breaking these rules please report the post or item by clicking flag button located on every item, post, and review.
Do not do any of the following:
• Flame or insult other members
• Bypass any filters
• Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.)
• Bump threads
• Derail a thread's topic
• Post links to phishing sites
• Post spam or Re-post Closed, Modified, Deleted Content
• Repetitively post in the incorrect forum
• Openly argue with a moderator
Do not post any topics/replies containing the following:
• Porn, inappropriate or offensive content, or leaked content or anything else not safe for work
• Any discussion of piracy will result in a permanent ban from the Hinterland Community including, but not limited to: Cheating, hacking, game exploits
• Threats of violence or harassment, even as a joke
• Posted copyright material such as magazine scans
• Soliciting, begging, auctioning, raffling, selling, advertising, referrals
• Racism, sexism, homophobia, or discrimination
• Abusive language, including swearing
• Religious, political, and other “prone to huge arguments” threads
No support will be given to those using cheat tools, or hacked/pirated copies, and any forum users who discuss pirated/pirating software will be removed.
Please note that these guidelines may be edited or added to by Hinterland Studio as needed. If there is something you do not agree with, please email email@example.com