Fishing and wildlife

pilgrimwebshop

Fishing - there's a game for android called "ice fishing derby", the fishing mechanics essentially are pole bends down for a bite, swipe up to set hook and reel in automatically. Fail to react and fish gets your bait. Hunting in this game is exciting; it'd be awesome if fishing were more exciting than boiling water. "take a bite" out of fish, deer, etc for bait?

Some pesky wildlife would make an interesting addition too, like a family of raccoon stirring up your cottage, low value to kill. Maybe some pine martens chasing down rabbits would be more geographically correct? Mice in your locker? Throw in a Lynx? I'm sure the team already has their ideas - +1 to wildlife

On 19.2.2016 at 7:05 PM, pilgrimwebshop said:

Fishing - there's a game for android called "ice fishing derby", the fishing mechanics essentially are pole bends down for a bite, swipe up to set hook and reel in automatically. Fail to react and fish gets your bait. Hunting in this game is exciting; it'd be awesome if fishing were more exciting than boiling water. "take a bite" out of fish, deer, etc for bait?

Some pesky wildlife would make an interesting addition too, like a family of raccoon stirring up your cottage, low value to kill. Maybe some pine martens chasing down rabbits would be more geographically correct? Mice in your locker? Throw in a Lynx? I'm sure the team already has their ideas - +1 to wildlife

+1 for racoon making a mess of you things leaving them on the ground and eating your food 

+1 to wildlife!

The current fishing interaction isn't bad in my opinion. What you're referring to is jigging. While jigging can increase the odds of you catching a fish when I go ice fishing I normally use stationary lines with a bright marker on them to indicate when something bites. The fun part is then hooking it... which I just realized is done exactly how you described! :crosseye:

So, I guess while I'm OK with fishing as is (there has to be one "easy" way to get food, right?) more interaction would be neat too :)

Archived