Add some sort of shelter to transition areas

crimeo

So as to make them potential livable locations. Just the simplest of random huts or even an interior enterable cave. Some of these are nifty places, and it's a shame that they aren't long term survivable with no interior spaces. I especially wish I could live in Ravine more easily.

If the point is that the crossing is supposed to be a bit tricky with little shelter, then just tuck any such shelter around an inconvenient back bend that would be too far out of the way to usually be useful? Not sure. But all the effort into map designs may as well be capitalized upon.

Ummm, I hate to shatter your illusions but Ravine has at least 1 decent cave to shelter in as does Winding River and Crumbling Highway. In fact I spent many a cheery evening in Ravine just trapping Rabbits and improving my marksmanship with the bow whilst based in a cave.

Crumbling Highway even has a .... well, just explore harder and you'll find it.

Yes, but aren't those not actual interior area caves? Like with a loading screen? If not, they're vastly colder during a blizzard, and if I understand correctly, won't cure hides or guts, and are available for predators to attack you so you'd need far more fire, etc.?

The crumbling highway does have an interior location though it is quite cold. It's been far too long since I last went through the ravine to comment on it but the cave that transitions between the winding river and pleasant valley is also an "interior" location.

Archived