Crash/Freeze (Black screen)

Krazy

Hey there,

I'm having an issue where my computer locks, with the screen going black forcing a hard reboot while playing the game.

I've attached the output_log.txt . I've been having very frequent crashes lately... I played the game for about an hour and a half without any issue on my first two deaths, but in this most recent game I've been crashing constantly. Not only that, but when it crashes it's a "black screen" crash which I have not seen before on this computer, not a "red screen" indicating hardware failure or "blue screen" indicating software failure, the whole computer just locks and I have to hard reboot.

I'm:

-In the dam

-Using a lantern

The first two crashes were while I was looking at a wolf inside the dam, but the third was after the wolf was dead so it is persisting despite that. I was streaming the first two, and at first thought it was OBS crashing, but it was not. I also did a memory test for my computer and confirmed the cache of the game.

My stream recording from the second crash is here:

I at most lost one or two seconds of upload time, it was pretty much right after that.

output_log.txt

I think the lantern wasn't quite showing it in this little 1 minute clip, but the hallway he emerges from is the one at 50:08 from this video,

where I crashed the first time shortly after (at 50:36 -- actually a bit after this, but OBS hadn't finished streaming this one so I lost the last 10-15 seconds).

I don't remember. I have been uninstalling and installing a lot of other games. I think I installed FallOut, FallOut 2, Deadlight, and The Walking Dead all through steam at least. I didn't do any manual updates to my GPU driver, but I have several set to automatic so I can't say for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2016 at 1:57 PM, Krazy said:

I think the lantern wasn't quite showing it in this little 1 minute clip, but the hallway he emerges from is the one at 50:08 from this video,...

where I crashed the first time shortly after (at 50:36 -- actually a bit after this, but OBS hadn't finished streaming this one so I lost the last 10-15 seconds).

I just found out, randomly, while browsing the issues that you met Fluffy:big_smile:. Until now, I had no idea this easter egg existed...

Archived