New v298-302 run

Hotzn

Day 83:

Back in the Mountaineer's hut from a trip to the summit. First time. I did some more exploring here and there, then decided to just make a big push for it. Went through Echo Ravine, past an Engine, then through a large cave with three exits and a bedroll someone left in the middle with some equipment. Exit to the right, keep left, Deer Clearing, some more climbing and voilà - Summit. Feels very rewarding with the view and all the loot. The signal pistol is an excellent addition, the super-rare multi-purpose candy for climbing right to the top. The atmosphere is also good - this awesome feeling of arriving at a crash site as the first person alive to see it (maybe). All the broken trees telling the dramatic story of how the plane came down. Very well done.

I also have to appreciate the whole Timberwolf Mountain region. With all the mountains and ravines it takes a while to get a feeling for what is where. It's a bit like a maze. And so much wilderness! Beautiful and dangerous, oh yes. I have not yet tried to start a run at TWM, but this might become my favourite region. Until we will see another one that is even more dangerous... :D

Not sure if I will continue this run, as I guess I have seen most of the new game mechanics that came with v298 and reached the summit. Maybe I should try the Sea to Summit Challenge next?

Archived