The Long Dark Fan Art

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Hello crew!

Hope these summer days are going good!

I want to share a new piece of art that was inspired by the passing of a dear friend and companion of mine. Her name was Smitty, we met each other in art school in 1996, Smitty was a 2 year old cat that was abandoned on a cold December in Connecticut. When I would go out for a smoke break she would always approach me and I would just pet her and then not think about her. As the month went on and it started to snow a lot I kept on seeing her in the garbage and she would keep coming to me. I decided to check her name tag and I saw her name but also the town her vet was from, the vet was from about 20 miles away, so I thought something wasn't right so I called and told them the situation, they told me to bring her in and they will take care of it... I told them that I will keep the cat and if the owners want her back they can call me and I gave the vet all my info. Until this point in my life I never cared for an animal, I was just 19 years old and not a care in the world. On June 9th, 2014 18 years later at the age of 20 she died in my arms ... it was the most painful emotion I have ever experienced because in 37 years of my life I have never lost someone I truly loved. She has saved me as much as I saved her because the love and compassion she taught me made me a better man then I was back then.

I dedicate this piece to Smitty and all of you who have lost someone special in your life journey and will soon start "THE LONG DARK", cold and alone in a wilderness of pain until we meet someone special to help us through it all.

Cheers!

D-

c4f21196199946e2d08070e496e105c2.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi ya'll.

Wanted to share something I've been working on.

I call it "Now what..."

539c3245a3467a0ec682599ec2833953.jpg

I'll let the rest of the story unfold by you the viewer and if I have time I'll draw it up.

(Hope its OK I used the "THE LONG DARK" logo and part of the game screen grab)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Two new 1920x1080 wallpapers ... posted these on Steam and FB, but posting them here since I just discovered the forums :)

Cheers.

Glad you posted here too! I know we added the first wallpaper to our Fan Art album on FB, but I'll make sure the second one makes it in our next round of posts. Thanks for taking the time to make them and welcome to the forums!

Archived