Baiting Wolves with dropped meat...

RazorOH

I am in Mystery Lake and am using the Camp Office as my base home. I wanted to try and hunt wolves with a bow and arrow from the porch of the office. I dropped a LOT of meat outside from the porch because a wolf patrols this area all of the time. I have actually seen the wolf walk through this "Meat Field" and not even stop to take a sniff! I know that you can drop decoys to hopefully stop a wolf from chasing you, but it appears to me that this does not work? Has anybody else run across this problem?

Wolves ignore anything that is dropped on the ground unless you drop it as a decoy while it is already stalking you but not that close that it starts it's final sprint.

Currently the only way to use meat as bait is to get a wolf to stalk you, drop a piece of meat and walk a little further. Then wait until the wolf stops to check out the meat and put an arrow in it's head.

However I would suggest using a fre/ burning torch/ burning flare. This will hold the wolf for as long as it is burning, while a piece of meat will only stop a wolf for a short while (and I think there is even a chance it will not stop at all).

Thanks for the feedback, hopefully they are going to fix this with the wolves. I guarantee that if there were slabs of meat lying on the ground a wolf, trying to survive, is going to stop and take advantage of the gift! Allowing this 'baiting' mechanism would add to our survival kit.

Archived