How to use torches effectively

an_actual_puppy

In the past two days I've had three encounters with wolves. Each time I've brandished a torch at them while they've cantered towards me but they've ignored it. I even tried walking towards them while brandishing but that did nothing. I'm playing on voyageur mode in mystery lake, five days in. Torches have worked previously but I'm wondering if I've somehow forgotten the trick to it or if it's a small glitch. On the plus side, I now have two warm wolf pelts to go towards a fine coat!

Waving a torch around seems like a whole lot of work. Just drop it before the wolf goes into his attack lunge. He'll stop and growl but come no closer. You could advance toward him, but that's a gamble. 50% of the time he'll run, 50% he'll lunge. Just light another torch off the one on the ground and walk away.

He'll stay. I guess you could wave the second torch and see if that scares him if it hurts you to leave a single half-burned torch on the ground, but, really, leave it. Don't be so attached to things.

Better yet, drop the torch on the ground, equip your bow/rifle, and shoot him square between the eyes.

He won't move as long as that lit torch is lying on the ground directly between you and the wolf.

It's as easy as shooting fish in a barrel! :lol:

Where is the Like button? I am so using this tactic from now on. I usually judge it too late, and get torn clothes as a reward. :x

Archived